Chapter 24: I'll Never Say Goodbye to You

YOK

I have no idea when everything went wrong. I just know that suddenly I can hear Sean screaming White's name as Black scrambles to break his twin's fall from the second floor of the building, from which he had been pushed off trying to stop a man from stabbing Sean. Thankfully the twins landed on the sand that was in the middle of the open space. Black groaned and was unable to speak because of the pain. White was bloody but otherwise unharmed, screaming for his twin who had probably broken his arm trying to cushion White's fall.

The next few minutes were a blur because I saw Gram screaming White and Black's name and that is when I saw the chilling glint of a silver gun aimed at White or maybe Black and the one holding the gun. Before I could clutch Gram's shirt to stop him, he ran towards the twins. As if by instinct, disregarding my own safety- I too ran, my lighter weight helping me move faster than Gram. My knife buried deep into the heart of the man who was trying to kill my best friends. His shocked reaction will now be forever frozen in death- wide eyes and opened mouth as he fell clutching his bleeding chest in surprise. Guess he wasn't expecting to die today.

When I fell, I hadn't even realized that I too had been shot. Taking the bullet meant for my friends. As my right chest area soaked in blood, I could hear Gram calling my name but he seemed so distant and far away, the cold wrapping me in a dreamlike cocoon. Ironically, my last thought is of Ray who finally chose me over Mew today.

GRAM

"YOK!!!!!! Don't fall asleep. Oh God, YOK!!!" I screamed as I placed pressure on the wound in his right chest area.

A semi conscious Yok mumbling something I couldn't make sense of at first... but eventually realizing he was calling for Ray.

In my peripheral vision I could see Sean kicking the man's obviously dead body screaming how much he hates him. Black whose arm is probably broken, is clutching them, as he tries to calm Sean down.

White is beside me, also trying to add pressure while clutching my shaking hands as if reassuring me, trying to calm me down. and urgently talking to Hia Gumpa.

Not knowing exactly how we got out of the building, only that now we are in the car that Hia Gumpa is driving, with White and I trying to stop the bleeding from Yok's chest. Sean and Black are following us in their motorcycles.

"What do we do, Hia? We can't take him to a hospital," White asked anxiously.

"Ray..." Yok whispered in his delirium. "Ray..."

"Ray! White let's call Ray! He's rich, I'm sure he must know someone who can help Yok," I suggested.

"But..." White looked at Hia confused about what to do, but Hia simply nodded.

"I'll do it. Hold him tight please," I pushed White's hand down on the wound as Yok groaned in pain.

The phone rang for a while. I had to call again and Ray finally answered in a semi conscious state.