Chapter 33: The Ghost of Yesterday's Choices

YOK

YOK

"Yok? Are you alright now? What happened bro?" Gram peered at me looking very concerned.

I couldn't say anything. Still trying to make sense of what Mew just asked of me. I'm not sure how to deal with it. How did Mew find out? Now that I was out of the initial shock, I looked at each one of my friends who was looking at me with concern. I can't imagine any one of them betraying me, at least not intentionally.

"Hey... do you want us to take you to the hospital?" White took my hand, trying to comfort me.

Shaking my head in refusal, I brokenly asked "Who of you here knows Mew?"

"Who? Oh, is that the glasses guy you were talking to outside?" Sean asked for confirmation.

When I nodded, I observed closely as their faces became thoughtful. Even Black. But no one seemed to know Mew.

"I've only ever seen that nerd at school. We're from the same college. What happened Yok?" Gram queried.

"He knew about Ray's dad, he told me to break up with Ray or he'll tell him," I say haltingly. Feeling panic slowly clawing at me again whenever I think about Ray and I breaking up.

"Who else knew about this?" Hia Gumpa wondered as he strolled towards us from the back room. I have no idea. I just feel too scared right now. I know I have to come clean to Ray now and stop procrastinating but on the other hand... I was afraid of how he would react and how we were going to be after.

"Well... when we did the investigation somehow one or two people would have found out especially if we needed help," Black spoke.

"Eugene and Namo would have known about it too. I'm not saying those girls will betray us just that it makes it harder to know now how exactly that glasses guy found out," Sean spoke up.

"Yeah... I know that I guess. I'm sorry ai even have to ask you guys. You all know I trust you with my life. I'm just a mess right now. I'm going to go. I need time to think what to do now," I stood up, carefully testing my leg. I was expecting to topple over with the way I felt like my legs were jellies.

"Yok are you sure it's a good idea to drive right now? Should we drive you?" Gram inquired.

"I want to be alone Gram but thanks everyone, I'll be fine..." I walked out of the garage waving everyone's concerns off, feeling the stares of worry from my friends. My whole body felt weak and I regret now that I kept pushing it back. I should have just spit it out earlier instead of selfishly delaying all the time.

Finding myself in front of the abandoned mansion where I first met Ray, I made my way through the now very rusty gates and unmowed lawn. Slowly opening the creaking door, all I could see at first was darkness. When my eyes adjusted... the painting I did remained in its beautiful state. I sat down slowly on the table Ray and I made love on for the first time and recalled everything that happened again that day. Not sure how long I sat there unmoving, mind blank, and staving off the panic that was still clawing for the surface.