PROCESS

A/N: This story contains a lot of wrong grammar, wrong spelling, profanity, and errors

I have no idea how adoption works in Japan. So I just based the story on the adoption process of the United States.
_________________________________

"To sum it up... we need your help," Akaashi said after he was done explaining the whole situation to the Bokuto family.

"I'm sorry..." Kou-ji said.

"Why are you-" Koutarou's words were cut off by Kou-ji when he spoke again.

"Your birthday is coming up... and we... totally ruined the mood," Kou-ji said while looking down at his fingers.

Akaashi held his hand under the table, "Don't be sorry, you and Kouji didn't do anything wrong Kou." he said.

Koutarou's eyes widened and looked at Akaashi in shock, Akaashi on the other hand was startled because of his sudden action.

"W-what?" Akaashi asked.

"How did you know it was Kou? I was staring at him hard to find out which one is which today," he said in a whining voice.

Akaashi smirked, "He's my son." he said.

Three words. But contains different meanings. With those three words, a flame inside Koutarou's body sparked and traveled up to his face.

Koutarou frowned and rolled his eyes at Akaashi who couldn't help but release a laugh. He added the spark to the flames by hugging Kou and smirking at Koutarou.

"I guess... I just know our son better." Akaashi said, making the family laugh except for Koutarou who continued to pout.

"Kou," Koutarou called.

Kou looked at him, "Yes?"

"JUST SO YOU KNOW I will definitely be able to tell you and Kouji apart! It's just the first day so I'm still struggling!" Koutarou said with a bitter tone

A smile slipped on Kou's face and a small laugh, "Sure Dad." he said.

"I'M TELLING YOU," Koutarou repeated.

With that, Kou's small laugh turns into a loud chuckle. "Yea yea. Whatever you say," he said.

Koutarou's frown was then replaced by a small chuckle, "Akaashi's right son." he said and placed his hand on top of Kou's head.

"Don't worry about my birthday because I would rather not have a birthday and have you than have a birthday without you," Koutarou said.

"Kou, if you want your daddy to be your 'dad' on papers I know a way for that to happen," Kaori said and smiled at him warmly.

"There is?" Kou asked with such sparks in his eyes, "Tell me!"

"Same as us... Kou-chan could just adopt you, but-" she paused for a moment.

"But?" Kou asked.

"It will have to wait until Kouji turns 18," Kaori answered. "By that time, you guys will be permitted to legally choose the parents you want."

Kou counted with his hand and showed his fingers in front of Koutarou's face, "Assuming that Rei- I mean- Kouji is 8 then we just need for 10 years Daddy!" he said with pure joy.

Koutarou's face lightened up. He knew how tsundere Kou was, and his displaying such affection for Koutarou was really heartwarming, he didn't dare to ruin his joy by teasing him.

Kou looked at Akaashi anxiously, "You... will also be our parents... right?" he asked while playing with his own fingers.

Akaashi didn't answer. He just stood there staring at him, which made Kou extremely anxious.