HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

A/N: This story contains a lot of wrong grammar, wrong spelling, profanity, and errors.

SEPTEMBER 20
________________________________

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU."

"DADDY! Make a wish!" Kouji said excitedly.

Koutarou closed his eyes and then said his birthday wish in his head before smiling and looking at Kouji.

Kouji looked at him confused when he walked towards him and carried him.

"Daddy?" he asked.

"Won't you blow my candle?" Koutarou asked after placing him on top of the chair that was facing the cake.

"Ehh?" Kouji said confused.

"Daddy wants you to blow the candle," Koutarou said and put both of his hands on his shoulder.

Kouji smiled, "Okay!" he said and then happily blew out the candles in front of him.

After that, everybody started preparing for food. Takahiro - Keiji's father - and Mitsuki - Koutarou's father - sat on the couch and started talking to each other.

While Keiji and the others were preparing the food, Koutarou walked towards his father and joined in the conversation.

"So... Koutarou. What's your plan after high school?" Takahiro asked.

"About Akaashi or about m-me?" Koutarou asked nervously, making Takahiro laugh in silence.

"About you," Takahiro replied.

"O-oh... I plan on going pro... sir." Koutarou answered.

"Pro Volleyball Player huh... which team?" Takahiro asked.

"I don't know yet..." Koutarou replied.

"Isn't there a team who offered you a contract son? I forgot what team it was." Mitsuki commented.

"Yea, but I'm waiting for this specific team to offer me... right now they haven't offered me anything yet," Koutarou said.

"Oh yea? Which team?" Takahiro asked.

"MSBY Black Jackals," Koutarou answered.

"Ohh, not bad. They performed well last year." Takahiro commented. "Is there a specific reason why you want to join Black Jackals?"

"I know the coach there... and he's awesome," Koutarou replied.

"What about Kei-chan? Did he tell you that he'll be a pro too?" Mitsuki asked.

Koutarou shook his head, "I don't know... we haven't talked about our plans after high school." he said.

Koutarou kept glancing at Keiji's father as the conversation unfolded, making Takahiro a little bit conscious.

"What's up? You seem to have something to say to me." Takahiro said, making Mitsuki stop talking and also looking at his son.

Koutarou shook his head, "Uhm... I.. I was just wondering about your opinion.. uhm." he stopped and locked his eyes on the ground.

"About you and Keiji?" Takahiro asked.

Koutarou silently nodded as he stared at the ground a bit shaken up. He's scared of being rejected by Keiji's parents. He doesn't know what he'll do if they decide to come in between them and tear them apart.