Chapter 29

UNEDITED...

Chapter 29

PAST.

The marriage registration process involved several meticulous steps. First, Kim Jae-soo and Baek Ji-Hu visited their local district office, known as the gu office, with the required documents: their identification cards, passports, and proof of eligibility to marry.

Once at the gu office, they filled out an application form for marriage registration. The form required their personal information, such as names, birth dates, and addresses. They also needed to provide additional documents, like a certificate of single status or a divorce decree.

After submitting the application, Baek Ji-Hu paid the registration fee of 50,000 won. The gu office then reviewed the documents and processed the registration.

"Names?" the older ger at the marriage registry asked, adjusting his glasses as he scrutinized the very young couple. They stood beside each other awkwardly, trying to avoid each other's gaze yet attempting to appear mature. The man beside the ger looked more mature but remained stoic, never glancing at his bride. Even during their photo session, his expression stayed unchanged, while his ger's eyes were bright and shy.

Kim Jae-soo held their certificates, feeling stunned. His baby bump wasn't yet noticeable, so no one knew he was pregnant. Perhaps if they had known, they might have mocked the marriage as a rushed and forced decision.

As they stepped out of the gu office, Baek Ji-Hu, who hadn't spoken before, finally broke the silence.

"Take this card," he said, stretching his hand towards Kim Jae-soo, who looked at him in confusion. The card was a black card with limitless credit. Kim Jae-soo didn't understand why Ji-Hu had handed it over to him.

'Was he paying him?'

Ji-Hu didn't seem to notice the boy's confusion, assuming that with the card, the boy could get whatever he wanted without any issue.

Under Ji-Hu's silent insistence, Kim Jae-soo finally took the card and placed it in his bag, following behind Ji-Hu. Thoughts and words swirled in his head as they walked.

'Choi Jae-soo, do you think Baek Ji-Hu would accept you? Instead, he will pay you off,' Su-Jin's voice scoffed in his head. Her words were probably true since she knew Ji-Hu more closely, being friends. His wrist became itchy, his fingers felt numb, and the place where he had kept the card in the bag felt like it was reflecting and mocking him.

The Baek driver felt annoyed at the sight of the timid ger in the back with his young master. Like everyone else, he believed that Kim Jae-soo had seduced and trapped their young master with the pregnancy, knowing that the Baek family would never let any offspring be lost outside.

He scowled at the ger, who had his head hanging as if in a daze. The driver misinterpreted this as Jae-soo planning something crazy to tie the young master down.

'Isn't this a green tea pretending to be pure and soft,' he thought disdainfully.

Ji-Hu, meanwhile, was busy staring out the window in deep contemplation, never once looking at the person sitting an arm's length away in the back seat. It was as if everything that was happening had nothing to do with him.

"Take us to the new home," Ji-Hu's voice suddenly commanded, bringing the rest of them in the car back to their senses.

The driver replied and quickly did a U-turn, heading to the newly bought villa. He would have to inform the old madam about this change.

As soon as Kim Jae-soo snapped out of his self-torture, he stayed quiet and started looking out the window at the rapidly passing scenery. At the very least, his guilt wouldn't be able to hurt him further.

They finally arrived at the new villa to see people dressed as cleaning service workers going through the process. The house was beautiful, surrounded by trees, and their neighbors were a bit far from them. This felt like a dream home to Kim Jae-soo.

"Follow me," Ji-Hu said, and Jae-soo immediately followed behind him. This was their home. He felt both fear and giddiness for some reason, and the thoughts surrounding the card Ji-Hu had given him disappeared.

Ji-Hu led them through the house silently, showing Kim Jae-soo around. They finally stopped at the biggest bedroom in the house, which had two cloakrooms and a bathroom that was also not lacking in size.

"This is our room," Ji-Hu's deep voice sounded, and Kim Jae-soo's lips twitched. He couldn't look at the man in front of him due to his guilt.

Kim Jae-soo felt a whirlwind of emotions clashing inside him—guilt, happiness, and awkwardness. He didn't know where to look or what to do with himself. Ji-Hu's voice interrupted his tumultuous thoughts like a thunderclap.

"There is no need to go back to the Choi house. Brand new clothes of your size have been arranged in your wardrobe, along with shoes and whatever necessities you need."

"What? Are we staying here tonight?" Kim Jae-soo asked, looking around and then back at Ji-Hu.

Ji-Hu hummed in agreement. Kim Jae-soo's mind filled with +32 thoughts as he stared at the bed blankly. His mind created different scenarios of how they could use every single corner of the room for "interpersonal communication." His ears and face turned red. Luckily, his back was to Ji-Hu, so the young master couldn't see the wild thoughts playing out on his face.

Ji-Hu, misinterpreting the situation, thought the boy was scared of him. He decided to speak.

"Don't worry, I won't ever touch you," Ji-Hu said before stepping out of the room and heading to his locked study.

Ji-Hu's words echoed in Kim Jae-soo's ears, erasing his wild thoughts instantly. His lips twitched. What was he expecting? After violating Ji-Hu and getting pregnant to tie him down, did he really think Ji-Hu would want him? These words felt like a seal on his heart, adding more cracks to his fragile emotions.

'Maybe I deserve it. I guess Su-Jin was right,' he thought bitterly.

He felt like laughing at himself. It was to be expected. Fate had a way of doing things, and maybe, just maybe, things would get better in the future after the baby was born.

But Su-Jin's mocking laughter echoed in his mind like nails hammered into his heart.

'What better? Don't you know once the child leaves your body, you are useless?'

Her laughter grew louder, driving the urge to cut himself stronger. His wrist itched, and he couldn't help it. He couldn't stop it.

'Just make it a little deeper, then you will feel better,' Su-Jin's voice whispered again, her voice becoming his nightmare and his karma to bear.

'Yes! Yes!! Tint that blank canvas!'

With trembling hands, Kim Jae-soo walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, seeing the pain and despair in his own eyes. He rolled up his sleeves, exposing his scarred wrists. The urge to cut was overwhelming, a way to silence the voices and the pain.

But as he reached for the blade, a thought flashed in his mind—his unborn child. He placed a hand on his small baby bump, feeling the life growing inside him. Tears welled up in his eyes.

A/N: hey my darlings, so here's the thing, I forgot to post again. I apologise, it wasn't my intention well more like my laziness but we are going off track so yeah.... I AM SORRY!!!

Ji-Hu: Not what I meant...wife .... Let me tell you something *chasing after Jae-soo*

Readers:Then what did you mean?? *Knife* *Knife* *Knife**Knife**Knife*

Thank you for your time...

What should be the colour of Mi-reu's eyes?