Chapter 37

UNEDITED..

Chapter 37.

The much-anticipated invitation to start their internship at ANRANG Television Station had finally arrived. Kim Jae-soo and An Na-ri woke up early, excitement and nerves intertwining as they prepared for their first day. They dressed in their best professional attire, wanting to make a good impression.

When they arrived at the towering ANRANG Television Station building, they felt a mix of awe and intimidation. The sleek, modern architecture and the hustle and bustle of the busy lobby were a stark reminder that they were entering a professional world far removed from their university life.

Their first stop was the HR office, where they were warmly greeted and guided through the initial orientation process. After filling out some paperwork and receiving their intern badges, they were informed about their assignments.

The HR manager, a stern but efficient woman named Ms. Han, handed them their assignments with a brief overview of their roles. "Kim Jae-soo, you'll be working with Mr. Park, our senior news writer. He's tough, but you'll learn a lot from him," the HR representative beside Ms Han handed him a folder with detailed information about his role. Jae-soo nodded, feeling a mix of excitement and trepidation.

" An Na-ri, you'll be assisting Ms. Hwang Min Jee. She's very particular about her team, so be prepared to work hard."

Na-ri's eyes widened with a mix of surprise and excitement. Ms Hwang Min Jee was a well-known figure in the industry, and the opportunity to work with her, even as an assistant, was a significant honor. They both nodded eagerly. They were guided to their respective departments. Although they were in the same department, the different groups meant their paths would diverge during the workday.

Kim Jae-soo finally reached the door of Mr. Park's office. He knocked softly, holding the file to his chest. A moment later, he heard a calm, authoritative voice from within.

"Come in."

He opened the door and stepped inside, immediately struck by the foxy eyes of Mr. Park. The ger had long silver hair, elegantly tied in a ponytail, with loose bangs resting on his temple. Between his brows was a distinctive cinnabar mark of half a sunflower. There was an air of arrogance around Mr. Park, but it was tempered by a certain charisma that made him intriguing rather than off-putting.

"How may I help you?" Mr. Park asked, his tone smooth and composed.

Kim Jae-soo felt a mixture of nervousness and determination. He took a deep breath and approached the desk, bowing slightly in respect. "Mr. Park, I am Kim Jae-soo, the new intern assistant assigned to you. I wanted to introduce myself and hand you these files as requested by HR."

Mr. Park's eyes assessed him for a moment before he nodded, accepting the files. "Ah, yes. The new intern. Welcome, Kim Jae-soo. Have a seat."

Kim Jae-soo sat down, feeling the intensity of Mr. Park's gaze as the senior news writer scanned through the files. There was a brief silence, filled only by the soft rustle of papers.

"Tell me, Kim Jae-soo," Mr. Park finally said, looking up from the files, "what do you hope to achieve during your internship here?"

Kim Jae-soo straightened up, trying his best to meet Mr. Park's gaze, but he couldn't stand those sharp eyes. "I want to learn as much as I can about news writing and production. I hope to develop my skills in storytelling and understand the nuances of creating compelling and accurate news content. I believe that working under your guidance will help me achieve these goals."

A small, almost imperceptible smile tugged at the corner of Mr. Park's lips. "Ambitious. I like that. But I have high standards, and I expect nothing less than excellence from my team."

Kim Jae-soo nodded eagerly. "I understand, Mr. Park. I am ready to work hard and meet your expectations."

Mr. Park leaned back in his chair, his eyes never leaving Jae-soo's. "Very well, then. Let's see what you're capable of. Your first task is to review the latest news reports and draft a summary of the key points. I want it on my desk by the end of the day."

Kim Jae-soo stood up, bowing slightly once more. "Yes, Mr. Park. I'll get started right away."

Mr. Park pointed to a small desk in the far corner of his office. "That will be your workstation," he said. Kim Jae-soo nodded, thanking him softly before rushing over to set down his bag.

As Kim Jae-soo unpacked his things, Mr. Park watched him intently. The boy seemed to shrink under his gaze, avoiding eye contact and moving with a nervous energy.

Mr. Park was adept at reading people, a skill honed from years of crafting and editing stories. From the way Kim Jae-soo carried himself, it was evident that the young intern lacked the confidence and charisma necessary to thrive in the demanding environment of news writing.

Mr. Park leaned back in his chair, a faint smile playing on his lips.

As they closed for the day, An Na-ri could hardly contain his exhaustion. He felt completely drained and only wanted to get home and have some food. His first day had been rough, witnessing Ms. Hwang's rage over one of her assistants being a few seconds late with her coffee. The experience left him feeling like his soul would be sucked out sooner rather than later.

"How was your day?" An Na-ri asked, stifling a yawn as they walked toward his car.

"Good, I guess," Kim Jae-soo replied, sounding uncertain. "Mr. Park is pretty strict, and I feel tension just sitting in the same office as him."

Earlier, while fetching lunch for Mr. Park, Kim Jae-soo had overheard two employees whispering about him. They had looked at him with pity, discussing how Mr. Park was like a monster when handling official matters. They mentioned how his previous assistants either left or transferred to different departments. They called him the "Sunflower Tyrant" in hushed tones, referring to the cinnabar mark between his brows.

"I heard some rumors about Mr. Park," Kim Jae-soo continued, his voice tinged with worry. "They called him the 'Sunflower Tyrant' and said his previous assistants couldn't handle working with him."

An Na-ri chuckled weakly, shaking his head. "Seems like we both ended up with tough bosses. Ms. Hwang almost bit the head off one of her assistants for being a few seconds late with her coffee."

Kim Jae-soo gave a sympathetic nod. "Sounds like fun."

The ride home was filled with conversations about their day, the challenges they faced, and the few rumors they heard on their first day. Fortunately, this internship wasn't an everyday commitment. They only had to go in on Mondays and Tuesdays, while their other days were filled with classes and, for Kim Jae-soo, a part-time job.

When they finally settled in for the night, Kim Jae-soo's phone began to ring. Glancing at the time, he saw it was late. The caller ID displayed an unknown number, but he decided to pick up anyway.

"Hello?" he answered cautiously.

"Son?" The voice on the other end was unmistakable, instantly recognizable and one that made his blood boil. It was Choi Min-Jun.

Kim Jae-soo's grip tightened on his flip phone, his immediate instinct to smash it against the wall. But he took a deep breath, trying to maintain his composure.

A/N: Hey Loves, so i missed you guys so much. hope you enjoy the chapter and take very good care of yourselves.

Quick Question: Who can guess why Choi Min jun is calling Kim Jae soo?