Chapter 34

UNEDITED...

Chapter 34

Ji-Hu finally got the background report about the ger. His exams were almost over, and soon he would be done with school, ready to pursue something else before returning to take over Baek Holdings.

The document on the iPad lay in front of him as Man Sung-ho sighed. Man Sung-ho had helped conduct the background check on the ger, reading through it before handing over the tablet to Ji-Hu.

Name: Kim Jae-soo

Gender: Ger

Age: 19

Birthday: 2nd January 20xx

Family: Kim Ae-Cha (mother), Choi Min-Jun (father), Choi In-soo (older brother: missing)

This was quite irrelevant, so Ji-Hu swiped through the pages of the document, reading quickly. The boy had been stalking him for almost a year, following him, knowing his schedule. He had a strange friend group, excluding Man Sung-ho's fiancé.

The information that caught his eye was that Kim Jae-soo was indeed at the club but with his own friends who had set him up using a strong aphrodisiac meant to knock him out completely.

Ji-Hu frowned.

He looked up at Man Sung-ho, who nodded for him to continue reading. Man Sung-ho wanted to explain but felt it was best to let his friend read it himself.

The report indicated that Jae-soo had gone to the bathroom, where he encountered the drugged Ji-Hu. There was a flash drive on the table, which Man Sung-ho placed before Ji-Hu.

"These are videos obtained from the positions of dumpling's friends in the club and the room where the five men were waiting for them," Man Sung-ho explained.

Ji-Hu watched the videos silently as his brain pieced together the rest. This meant he had unintentionally taken advantage of and saved the ger from a worse fate.

sigh

He had to let the ger go. With these thoughts, he put the matter aside, focusing instead on finding out who was behind the drugging and how it had happened.

The exams were finally over, and the campus buzzed with the anticipation of Baek Ji-Hu's upcoming graduation. However, the atmosphere was soon tainted by gossip. News about a ger getting pregnant spread quickly, yet Ji-Hu dismissed it at first, considering it neither his problem nor his concern.

It wasn't until a casual get-together with friends that his interest was piqued. Man Sung-ho and Ji-Hu usually kept to themselves during such gatherings, rarely engaging in the idle gossip that didn't affect them directly.

"I heard the ger is related to you," one of the second-generation rich kids, a boy, said to Choi Su-Jin, who immediately scowled at him. Though the boy was infatuated with her, he wasn't her type. Despite his deep family background, being the last of five children meant his inheritance wasn't comparable to what Baek Ji-Hu stood to gain.

"What?!" one of the girls exclaimed in shock. Their group, known for its passive-aggressive interactions, was intrigued.

"His name is Kim Jae-soo, right?" another girl inquired.

Man Sung-ho and Ji-Hu, initially uninterested, exchanged a quick, meaningful glance that went unnoticed by the others.

"Stop saying he's my relative," Su-Jin responded with a sweet but sharp smile. "He's an illegitimate child of my father, so it's no surprise his mother didn't train him properly."

"Oh," the group murmured, and the conversation quickly shifted to another topic. However, both Man Sung-ho and Ji-Hu had already deduced that the child was likely Ji-Hu's, especially given that the ger was probably a virgin before the incident.

Excusing themselves, Ji-Hu picked up his phone to call his grandmother. Su-Jin tried to speak, but Ji-Hu and Man Sung-ho had already left the private room of the restaurant. Ji-Hu wasn't thrilled about the out-of-wedlock pregnancy, but his grandmother had always taught him that every Baek child deserved the full benefits of the family, no matter how they were conceived.

"It seems something is wrong," his grandmother said, answering on the second ring. Her voice was calming but cold; she held a special place for Ji-Hu, her favorite grandson.

"I think the ger is pregnant with my child," Ji-Hu said bluntly. There was a long silence on the other end of the line before she sighed, sounding like she was rubbing her temples to ward off a headache.

"Got it. I will handle it with the Choi father. After two more months, we will do a DNA test. What do you want after that?"

"I should probably marry him so the child can have a complete home," Ji-Hu replied with a frown. He didn't want to bother looking for a wife. An agreement between his father and Choi Min-Jun had promised Ji-Hu to one of Choi's children in return for saving his life. This situation didn't technically break that promise, and between the soft-spoken ger and Su-Jin, Ji-Hu preferred peace of mind.

'sigh'

The old Madam Baek hung up, glaring at her son who was avoiding her gaze. She remembered the foolish promise her son had made to the selfish Choi father when Ji-Hu was younger. She left the study to relax before her frustration overwhelmed her. While she was annoyed by the pregnancy, she also understood that her dear grandson was as much a victim as the ger.

'Double standards,'

Ji-Hu looked up to see a surprised Man Sung-ho. Understanding his friend's surprise, he brushed it off. Now, he had to prepare for the upcoming marriage and get an unlimited credit card for the ger to spend as needed. Though he was rushing into the marriage, Ji-Hu was determined that neither the child nor the child's mother would suffer, acknowledging that he had taken advantage of the ger in the first place.

As the days passed, Ji-Hu made the necessary arrangements. He met with Kim Jae-soo at the district office to register their marriage. The process was straightforward but filled with tension.

They visited the local district office, known as the gu office, with the required documents, including their identification cards, passports, and proof of their eligibility to marry. At the gu office, they filled out an application form for marriage registration. The form asked for their personal information, such as their names, birth dates, and addresses. They also needed to provide additional documents, such as a certificate of single status or a divorce decree.

A/N: the next chapter would be back to the present...

This flashback connects to one of Kim Jae soo's past in the earlier chapters...

Thank you for commenting and liking my Book even though I disappeared for so long