Chapter 19

The next morning, Xia Chuan wouldn't get out of bed even though the sun was already high above the sky. On one hand, it was because his body felt completely smashed and exhausted, but on the other, the shameful memories from last night were also vividly imprinted on his mind, making him so embarrassed that he hid his head under the covers the whole time. Jiang Xuehang held him and comforted him like a child for quite a while before he was pushed away by a blushing Xia Chuan, who then got off to take a shower and eat.

Those two knew they overdid it last night, so they didn't touch him again for the coming days. But as soon as they were alone, they would take the opportunity to kiss and hold him for a little. The two of them would even push him against the wall together and nip at his neck with heavy breaths. Sometimes, his parents would only be a few steps away in the living room. They would be able to see them if they so much as turned their heads around, and this scared Xia Chuan senseless. He threw many tantrums with Su Ming and Jiang Xuehang because of this, but the two just laughed as they watched him and still felt no remorse.

Under Mother Xia's strong urging, Xia Chuan ended up bringing them to W city for some sightseeing. Once, he even dragged Xia Xi along, and the three of them ended up getting pictures of them taken by her secretly. Without mercy, Xia Chuan deleted all the photos in her album and stuffed her into a taxi back home.

Compared to swimming in the mountains or going out shopping and watching movies, Xia Chuan preferred playing games. He and Su Ming were around the same level, but Jiang Xuehang was way worse than them. Even though he was smart, Jiang Xuehang was clearly without help when it came to how handicapped his hands were in gaming, allowing Xia Chuan to fully enjoy the pleasures of stomping a noob.

Su Ming stayed at Xia Chuan's house for over a week, but he had to go because something came up at home. Jiang Xuehang stayed a couple days longer, spending the whole day sticking to Xia Chuan. It almost felt to Xia Chuan as if he was raising a young wife.

Once both of them were gone, he could finally enjoy his hard-won days of peace and quiet, but he ended up feeling that the house was too quiet instead. Mom and dad were out working while Xia Xi was studying, so he spent the whole day alone. He had no idea if the weather was just hot or if it was the sunlight flickering outside the curtains, but he kept feeling drowsy. He even lost his appetite for food. Not only did he find it hard to stomach anything, he even felt the constant need to throw up, and even vomited several times a day sometimes.

Mother Xia noticed that something was off with how dispirited he looked, so she checked his temperature. He did have a slight fever.

"Losing your appetite and feeling tired all the time...it's summer sickness[1]!" Traditional Chinese medicine is one of Mother Xia's hobbies, and she would also help solve the pains and ailments of the two siblings.

Since Xia Chuan refused to go to the hospital no matter what, and since summer sickness wasn't really even a disease, Mother Xia took out two bottles of vitamin C and vitamin B from the medicine box and told him to take some each day. Xia Chuan who was always physically strong would usually recover from these petty ailments just by sleeping it off, but this troubled him for quite a long time.

He figured he would get better after the summer.

He spent his entire summer vacation weary and his slight fever that never subsided throughout this entire period gave him a small sense of anxiety. Xia Chuan felt troubled and tried his best to think about happy things, but as soon as his thoughts left reality, it would inevitably drift to those three from the dorm.

The deep light flowing in Su Ming's dark eyes, that bashful, refined smile that was special to Jiang Xuehang, and also Shang Yuzhong's cold, disdainful gaze. Around and around these images turned in his head, giving him even more of a headache.