Chapter 15.

*****

*Corey*

I smiled watching Jayden make breakfast with Tamia, it was nine o'clock on a Saturday morning but there was no way Eli was getting up before eleven. Sometimes his sleeping habits worried me... but he was growing, right?

My smile wavered as I focused on my mate. Though Jayden was ecstatic that we were finally getting married, I felt like crap and had not slept as all. The thing is: when he wanted us to get married, I refused because I felt like he didn't trust me, I felt like he thought he needed a way to make sure I would stick with him because he was so insecure. It was ridiculous, I could and would never leave him. Though, what was even more ridiculous was the fact that I had finally agreed only because I was afraid he would leave once he found out about what happened between Carrie and me... I just couldn't risk losing him. The thought made my body feel weak.

"Didn't you sleep?" Carrie asked as she walked in wearing a night gown way too short to be worn in front of my little girl – or boy.

Jayden greeted her and Tamia gave her a smile and mumbled a polite 'good morning' before she turned back to whatever it is she and Jayden had decided would be good Saturday breakfast. I wasn't paying attention to what they were making and had been more caught-up in just admiring them.

Carrie looked at me expectantly and I resisted the urge to flip her off. I knew the situation was my fault, I had been so stupid, but why the hell was she in my house?

"Can you put some clothes on?" I frowned at her.

"I am wearing clothes." I shot her a glare before smiling, she seemed surprised by the sudden change in expression, raising her brows at me.

"Guess what?" I asked excitedly.

"What?" She smiled.

"We're getting married." Her smile fell like it was the Flash on steroids.

I covered my ears as a scream suddenly erupted in the kitchen.

"What the fuck?!" that was Eli from upstairs.

"Eli, language. Tammy, Princess, please don't do that again." I said rubbing my ears. Jayden stood with a crooked smile on his face as he rubbed his ears. He looked so cute.

"Sorry!" I laughed as Tamia yelled that too while jumping onto Jayden's back. He laughed and I grinned at how happy he was.

"Get-getting married?" Carrie cleared her throat, "Isn't that... sudden?" She asked looking at Jayden.

"No, it isn't. It's actually long overdue." As I said it, I realised it was true. I smiled as Jayden gave me a kiss on my lips.

"Who's getting married?" Eli stumbled into the kitchen, clearly still half asleep.

"Uncle Jason." I said, Eli looked at me before he began laughing. I chuckled at our son's reaction and Jayden shot me a glare.

'Don't be rude, he's your best friend.' He linked to me.

"I'm not being rude." I said before I remembered, "We have to talk... Alone." I glanced at Carrie.

"Oh, that's fine. You two can go out, I'll watch the kids." I looked at Carrie about to ask her why the hell she thought I would leave her alone with my children but Jayden spoke first.

"Thanks a lot." He said.

'Jay.' I linked to him.

'She won't hurt them, Corey. We'll be gone for what, two hours at most? And Eli's stronger than she is. By far.' He linked to me.