57

"Mama you have to catch it!"

"Alright, alright." I got out of the pool and waited for Lynn to throw the ball. When she did, I jumped in the air and caught it, falling into the water.

Crazy thing to be going swimming in the winter huh? Well, in Texas it's hot as fuck some days even in December. So I still let Lynn get in the pool when it is hot out. She loves the water just as much as I do. Marcel is like Onika. That boy will holler.

"Yay! You catched it!"

I tossed the ball back out the water as she jumped in. Oh Onika is gonna be pissed because of Lynn's hair...It wasn't done so I thought that maybe she would be fine.

That was until I saw a text with her saying that Lynn needed to be ready to get her hair detangled. We were already in the water so I just shrugged it off.

I'll wash it if I have to.

"Mama you teach me how to swim backwards?"

"Yea come on." I swam to her and started to teach her. She's always ready to learn something new in the water. We just went over how to do a handstand even though she's not tall enough to put her hands on the bottom. "Look at youu!"

I cheered as she started to swim backwards on her own. My baby is such a big girl. She catches on really quickly. A little too quick. That's why we watch what we say around her now. Little girl will repeat it.

"I know good and goddamn well!!!"

Oh shit.

Lynn quickly got up from her back and we looked at each other. We in trouuubbllee. That yell was lethal, I know she heated as hell.

"Why are y'all in the pool!!?"

"We wanted to swim Mommy."

"Marcilyn...you know I just washed your fuck- freaking hair." She came towards the water while gritting. I cringed. Damn when did she wash her hair? Had to be when they went home the other day. "Get out. Now."

I watched Lynn swim over and Onika grabbed her arm, walking her in the house.

"Stop holding her arm like that!"

"Shut up!"

I laughed. She wasn't holding her any type of way, just a way that shows she's upset. It wasn't hurting Lynn at all or she would've said it. Knowing our child. Now she was crying though. Only because she doesn't like feeling in trouble.

It was hard not to laugh at her little booty in that swim suit. She's definitely built like me, long and skinny. I got out the water, picking up all the toys from around the pool. We had a ball. Literally too.

After cleaning up out there, I dried my legs and stuff before going inside. I could hear Lynn crying all dramatically but I knew Onika wasn't even doing shit. Our kids are just spoiled and will cry over the smallest discipline.

I cleaned the water from the floor. Lynn's little footprints.

Onika came downstairs with a frown on her face walking right past me. I had to try my best not to laugh, just for her to catch it. Damn I don't wanna get yelled at, shit.

"You think this is funny?!"

"No. No. I'm sorry." I shook my head keeping my smile down. Bruh she is heated.

"She literally has a hair appointment in an hour. You know how long it's gonna take to wash and detangle that?"

"Uhhh-"

"Over an hour!"

"Ok, i'll wash it." I've learned how to do Lynn's hair over time and it's pretty simple. Washing it should be just as simple.