17

I was watching the news while getting Lynn ready for school. If I get up early, I always do. But it's really rare that I get up this freaking early man. Something just told me that I need to get up this time.

So as I did her hair, I listened to the people talk about current news as well as the weather. Lynn was playing on her iPad while playing with her friends. It's too early for this shit. All of them probably in the same position right now.

Something being showed caught my eye and I paused my movements to focus on it. The house looked so familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. Until a face showed in the corner.

"Victim of the fire has been identified."

My eyes widened and I gasped. It caught Lynn's attention making her look up, but I covered her eyes and grabbed her off the floor. Hell no.

"Mommy was that-"

"No. Go upstairs to Mama and tell her to get you dressed." I softly mushed her head and she ran up while I sat back on the couch to listen to the news. It's really confusing because who would want to do something like that.

"Autopsy announced that victim was beat and shot four times before being burned in his home."

My eyebrows knitted as I watched confused. Nas doesn't have anyone...so how is this all gonna go? His parents are all across the world and his siblings don't like his lifestyle. So they distanced themselves away from him years ago.

"Nic, you want me to take her-" Bey came down and noticed the tv. All she did was make a cringe face before turning around. It made my eyes go wide before I stood and grabbed her shirt.

"Beyoncé don't play with me. What did you do?"

"I ain't do shit baby. You want me to take Lynn or you?"

"You did something."

"Girl I didn't do nothing. I just saw this nigga face and didn't want no parts. What you watching with him anyways? He get locked up?"

"No....he was killed. And you know that, so what did you do?"

"I didn't do shit!" She yelled frustratingly at me making me mug her before rolling my eyes and walking away. Why she even asking me if i'm taking Lynn? Girl know damn well I can't drive. Stupid. "So I guess i'll just take her.."

"I guess I was supposed to learn how to drive over night."

"Oh shit I forgot yo ass can't drive." She chuckled shaking her head as I went upstairs. Wanna be funny, ain't nothing a joke.

After hours of filling out applications, I finally decided to stop and eat something. Breakfast was good this morning, but i'm hungry again. I've been feeling real hungry all day, like something ain't right.

Plus i'm getting fat in the face. I don't like it.

"Beeeyyyy." I whined while going in her room and she looked at me before shaking her head. So. I'm hungry and she's about to feed me. "Baby."

"What you want big baby?"

"I'm hungry." I laid down on top of her and she put her phone down to give me some attention. I'm super hungry right now. Like soo. "Can you take me to get something to eat please?"

"You don't wanna cook?" I heard the hope in her voice, but i'm not about to cook tonight. I've been cooking so much, but I just can't. It's a Monday. "It's fine if you don't want to. What you wanna eat mama?"

"I don't know. I've been having this weird feeling like i'm craving something but I don't know what."

"Mmm. Well let's go ride around and see what it is you're craving." She started to sit up so I got off of her and went to change clothes. I'm still in my pajamas, i've been on the couch all morning. Hopefully one of those jobs contact me back.