2

I drove to the apartment with babygirl holding my hand. She insisted that she sat in the front seat. Maybe it's because Onika doesn't have a car, the reason she loves the front seat so much. Who knows. But I wasn't gonna deny my baby girl.

When I pulled in I sighed heavily. I hate these apartments so much. They're just trashy and nasty. Inside of Onikas home isn't, but if someone were to look on the outside they would think otherwise. Marcilyn looked over at me with a lip tucked smile and I chuckled. She's such a character. Just such a sweet innocent soul.

I got her out and made my way upstairs. She was about to say something, so I had to cover her mouth. Already had to go up these creaky ass stairs. Then they small, so the smallest sound will be heard. Even though I don't care about the nigga knowing she leaving Onika do. So i'm respecting that.

"Shhh. We gotta be quite okay?"

"Ok." She whispered as I went to open the door. The bitch pushed open on its own and I frowned. Nobody opened the shit... "Oh no. The door break." Lyn whispered making me chuckle going in. I didn't see Onika anywhere making me look around. Not too far because I don't need to see that man. It'll piss me off. 

So I stood in the living room quietly.

Finally she came tip toeing out the room with a duffle bag. I watched her try her best to close the cracking door and sigh when it was closed. The way she had to stand there for a few seconds just kind of upset me some more. She shouldn't have to go through this.

"Shit!" She whisper yelled when she saw me. I reached for her bag chuckling and mushed her towards the door. Her feet was bare making me freeze and turn around. "No Bey, don't." Why would she walk out these dirty ass apartments with no shoes on? Hell no.

"Girl, you need some shoes." I went to her room, ignoring the annoying ass door. That shit would bother my whole soul. Just creaking like it need some WD-40 or some shit. Going in I saw dude laying down. A part of me wanted him to see me but then again, I thought about my baby girl.

Onika had some slippers by the door, so I just grabbed those and moved quick. Dropping them by her feet to slide into. She slid them on while trying to grab her bag from me but I mushed her away. I took it from her for a reason. Not for her to just try to grab it back. 

"Nic!" We heard him as we walked out the door. Onika called herself stopping so I grabbed her by her waist and moved downstairs. She already agreed to coming with me, ain't no turning around. Especially not cause that nigga yelled her name. He ain't gon do shit as long as i'm present and able to get to him.

We didn't even close the front door. Fuck him.

"What happened to the door?" I got in after buckling Lynn in the backseat. Onika curled up in the passenger without answering my question. Instead of pushing the issue, I just looked at her before pulling out. She can be as quiet as she want to right now, but we talking for sure.

I'll give her this small amount of time.

"She look too much like you." I whispered laying Lyn down in the guest room. I'll just get it turned into her room since she'll be here for sure. It was hers from the jump, Onika was just being an asshole so I didn't decorate it yet. Didn't know if I would never see my child again or not. It was some crazy, dumb ass shit she had me going through. For me to not have done a thing to her.

"I thought she was starting to look like you a bit." She replied without looking at me. I know she feels embarrassed. Who wouldn't? She'd been hiding that from me specifically for so long and for me to witness it and find out about it all in the same day is crazy. "She has your smile, just my dimples." Her eyes stayed on our baby girl as she smiled small. That little girl makes Onika so happy, that's literally her only piece of peace.