Chapter 2 - Bridging the Divide

My village and the village next to it never really liked each other or got along

Besides me going over there for magic teachings and befriending the Mikaelsons, the villages never really interacted unless there were things to be bartered.

In fact, because of my friendship with the Mikaelsons, I had become an outcast amongst my own people.

So, to broker a peace between the two villages, a marriage was proposed.

And as my father was the Alpha of the pack and leader of the village, it was me that was put forward as the bride.

As for the so-called groom. 

Well, that's where things get a little weird and a whole lot more complicated.

See as the family with the most sons and the best reputation within their own village, the Mikaelson family had been chosen to put forward a groom.

But for some reason, one of the boys was not put forward. 

Instead, it was offered that I move to stay with Mikaelsons and spend time with the boys before making a decision one which I would marry.

It had been a difficult decision for my father to make, to send his only daughter away to a family that was seen as rivals. 

But he knew that this marriage could be the key to finally bridging the gap between our villages, and he was willing to sacrifice my happiness for the sake of the greater good.

So, with a heavy heart he agreed which is when started to feel as though it was moving at the speed of light.

Suddenly, at the age of sixteen, I was packing the few things that belonged to me, amongst them a pendant necklace that once belonged to my mother, and I am at the edge of my village on the dirty path between the two.

The only parting words from my father was that if something were to happen, I should run deep into the woods and hide and he will come find me.

To my surprise, all four Mikaelson brothers are waiting for me just further up the path.