Chapter 11 - The Huntress and Her Truth

I stand outside the house that Rebekah tells me belong to the Salvatore brothers, the men from the woods

I stand outside the house that Rebekah tells me belong to the Salvatore brothers, the men from the woods. It is also the most likely place for the rest of white oak stakes are hidden.

Rebekah is keeping an eye on them at the Mystic Grill while I try figure out how to get into the house as apparently being a vampire means you can't enter homes without permission first.

I walk up to the door and reach out, only to be stopped by a barrier.

I couldn't think of any spells that could take something like this down as it had never been a problem before.

Frustration gnawed at me as I stared at the invisible barrier, my mind racing to find a solution.

I lift my hand to my pendant and release Loki from it as I grip the handle of my old dagger which Rebekah gave back to me.

"What do you think?" I ask his spirit.

Although I know he can't exactly answer me, I still find solace in speaking to him. I wait for a moment, expecting some sort of response, but all I hear is the gentle rustle of leaves in the wind as I can sense his mischievous energy swirling around me.

The air grows still as Loki's presence intensifies, a mischievous smile playing on my lips.

"Well, my dear Loki, it seems we have quite the puzzle before us," I say, my voice laced with anticipation.

Loki moves and I watch him as he moves down and towards me, circling the blade in my hand. I lift it and inspect it when I figure out what he meant.

"Runes?" I question.

I run my fingers across the runes that are etched into the bone blade, feeling their ancient power thrumming beneath my touch. Each rune carries a story, a hidden meaning, and a potential solution to the barrier that stands in my way.

"Of course," I murmur, a smile promising mischievous.

With my left hand I reach out and touch the barrier so that it becomes visible once again before using the magic-infused blade in my right hand to carve runes into the barrier with swift and deliberate strokes.

As the symbols take shape, a soft glow emanates from the runes, pulsating with energy. The barrier crackled and sparked as the ancient runes merged with it, and slowly but surely, the invisible wall began to dissolve. I couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement as the barrier weakened with each stroke of my enchanted blade.

The invisible wall shuddered and dissolved into nothingness, leaving behind a faint trace of magical residue in the air.

I stepped back, admiring my handiwork as the barrier vanished. Loki's mischievous energy danced around me, a silent applause for my success. The weight of frustration lifted from my shoulders, replaced by a surge of triumph and anticipation.