The Unicorn | Part 3

Unicorn: An individual who is willing to join an existing romantic relationship. Usually a bisexual female.

Summary: The aftermath of that fateful night has lots of consequences. Not all of them are bad.

Word Count: 11.7k

Warning: 18+ only, smut, angst, mentions of divorce

This is the final part!! xoxo

❊❊❊

You had to admit. The ensuite bathroom was really nice. But you couldn't imagine enjoying the soaker tub with jets and soft fluffy towels as you stared at yourself in the mirror. You took off your little pearl choker as tears continued to fall down your cheeks and you removed your sweater and skirt. It all felt so pointless. You had wasted so much time fretting over your outfit and matching it to your pearl choker and your pretty panties all for everything to just blow up completely. Now your favorite pink pearl choker was tainted and you'd probably never want to wear it again.

You should have said no to the proposition. You knew you should have listened to your gut. It was going to blow up and someone was going to get hurt.

Your night shorts and matching top were soft on your skin but you hated it because you'd also chosen this set with the thought that both Kit and Harry might see it. But you'd be sure they never did.

Setting your alarm for 5:00 am you climbed into the luxurious bed and rolled to your side hoping you could get some sleep so you could turn your brain off as you replayed every moment in your head over and over again.

. . .

"I don't want to talk about it right now, Harry," Kit insisted.

"She can't hear us in here, love. Come on. Let's work something out. Things didn't go like we thought... right? We don't need to do it again."

"I just... I need some space, H. That was a lot. I guess I didn't expect it to feel that way. I can't talk about it right now, though. I need to sleep on it. Away from you. I know I'll feel better in the morning."

Harry nodded and grabbed his wife's hand, "I love you, Kitty. You know that right? I love you so much. You are the most important person to me in the world."

Kit attempted a weak smile as she pulled her hand away and tucked herself into the blankets, "Can you turn the light off when you leave the room?"

. . .

Harry had been unable to sleep at all. The couch wasn't a great spot to sleep but more than that, he was feeling guilty and trying to figure out how to fix the problem. He didn't want you to feel bad, you hadn't done anything wrong. But he did need to support his wife first and foremost. He'd need to insist she apologize and put it behind her but he didn't want his wife to feel like he was taking your side either. Even though, in a way, he kind of was. You were the innocent party in all this. He'd gotten carried away. You both just clicked. The chemistry between you was impenetrable. So much so that he nearly forgot about his wife being there and said some things he didn't really mean.

When he heard light footfalls coming down the stairs and then saw the outline of your frame as you rushed toward the door he shot up from the couch and hurried toward you, "Y/n?"

You closed your eyes and stopped in your tracks. You hoped he was asleep and that you could leave without him knowing.

He put his hands on your shoulders as he stood behind you and spoke quietly, "Are you okay to drive?" He knew he wasn't going to be able to talk you into staying. Though in his mind, the best-case scenario was that the three of you could sit and talk and move on from the disaster of what had happened the night before. Maybe over coffee and waffles. He knew that was unlikely but he had hoped.