Chapter Twenty-Two

I was scared upon hearing her cold voice. It's been more than two months since I decided to cut my connection with her while I am fixing my mess. I can't drag her into my dangerous world. She never suffered a lot before, I still remember what she said that life has been easy to her. If she'll be connected to me it wouldn't be anymore. I don't want that she deserve the happiness she ought to have. Although it bothered me when I heard Miss Mary said that Miss Cardell will be marrying his brother. I thought it was just a fake engagement. 

I turned around and saw her coldly staring at me. I know Jester wanted to kiss me, I was about to let him do that because it's part of my plan. 

"Jest, you can go first. I need to talk to my instructor." Hindi ko na liningon pa si Jester pero ramdam ko na umalis ito. Huminga muna ako ng malalim bago magsalita kay Miss Cardell. Oh gosh I miss her so much. Her smell lingers in my nostrils. 

"Is there any problem Miss?" I remained professional, she looked at me intently boring holes to my system using her eyes. 

"What a nice question Miss Fuentes." She said sarcastically, while drawing near towards me. 

"What should be then the answer of my nice question Miss?" I said trying to hide my nervousness because the way she looked at me scares the whole lot of me.

"You are the problem Miss Fuentes, letting someone kiss you? Fuck, not in my watch." Madiin niyang sabi malapit sa tenga ko. Nasa likod ko na pala siya. Pagkatapos niyang sabihin iyon ay agad din itong naglakad palabas. Naiwan akong nakatunganga. I need to do something. 

Buti na lang walang pasok sa subject ni Miss Mary, siya kasi ang pumalit kay Miss Cardell. I don't know how it happened but after I left her in the apartment ay hindi narin siya muling nagpakita sa akin intentionally. I expected that already, but it still hurts. 

Dumiretso na ako sa parking lot at sumampa na ako sa motor ko. Alam kong may nagmamanman sa akin when I started entertaining Jester. My sister knows that I am in a tight position right now. She knows what I am going through and she is helping me to realize my plan in order that my aunts and uncles can't manipulate or blackmail me. 

Bumaba na ako sa motor ng makarating ako sa cafe. As usual it was packed. I entered my office and I immediately get my tablet to see the CCTV footage outside and inside the cafe. The hired man was sitting in the very corner of the cafe where my office can be seen clearly. I smirked, good thing the secret construction is already done. 

Lumabas na ako sa pinagawang pinto ko two months ago. It was a slow process in order not to attract anyone from noticing my secret escape. Pagkalabas ko ng cafe gamit ang bagong pintuan ay sinalubong ka agad ako ng isang malaking pader. I climbed it with the ladder and jumped down. My sister and I both planned this para matakasan ko ang sumusunod sa akin. 

Binili rin nang kapatid ko ang property na nasa likod ng Cafe para ma park yung sasakyan na gagamitin ko. I am really grateful to have her back in hard times. Ang laki rin ng nagastos niya. I tried to talk to her about splitting the expenses but she didnt let me to since wala naman daw akong malaking pera. Bilib din talaga ako sa kaniya dahil Kahit nasa ibang bands siya ay nakaya niya parin akong tulungan. 

I hopped in the car and maneuver it. Mabilis ang pagpapatakbo ko dahil ayokong may masayang na segundo pa. Nasasakal na talaga ako at siya lang ang magiging pahinga ko sa nakakapagod ng takbo nang aking buhay. 

I parked my car in the basement. Magkabuilding lang kami dito sa condo niya sa Talisay. Pumunta na agad ako sa 2nd floor dahil nandoon lang yung room niya. Habang sa akin ay nasa pinakatutok nang building. 

I knocked on the door, I know Miss Mary is inside, I texted her before I went to the cafe. The door swung open pero nagulat ako at hindi si Miss Mary ang bumukas nito.

"What are you doing here?" She asked using her monotone voice, I gulped seeing her messy hair at namamaga rin ang mga mata. Hindi na ako nakapag-isip pa at agad ko itong sinunggaban ng yakap. Yakap na ayaw bumitaw. Paglapat ng aming katawan ay agad itong natunaw sa mga bisig ko. I heard her sobs afterwards. And it hurts me a lot to witness her crying. 

"I hate you so much." She was having a hard time saying it because of her continuous sob. 

"I'm here now baby. I'm sorry." I stroked her hair using my hand in order to calm her down. 

"I still hate you. You left me. You, you entertained someone after me. It hurts a lot Cy." 

"I'm sorry." The only thing I can say for now. She needs to calm down first before I tell her everything that she needs to know. Dahil hindi ko narin kaya na iwasan siya, hindi yakapin at hindi mahagkan. 

Dahan-dahan akong pumasok sa condo niya habang nakayakap parin siya sa akin. Agad kong ni lock yung pintuan at pinaupo ko muna siya sa sofa. 

"Hey look at me." I said as I stopped her from wiping her tears. She lifted her head up and I replace her hand with mine. Her eyes were beautiful even if it's pouring teardrops. I hurt her. I kissed the top of her head and I gently touched my nose to hers. 

"I'm sorry for hurting you baby. I was just in a tight spot. If I will not lose you, you will lose your license. My family is powerful and I am not strong yet to fight against them. I'm sorry for giving up easily. I know it would be a losing battle if I ever fight." 

"The university has no policy about being in a relationship with a student Cy. Fuck, I don't even have the license to teach." She said frustratingly. Napalayo naman ako sa kaniya dahil hindi ko ma gets ang sinabi niya. 

"What do you mean?" I asked out of confusion. She doesn't have a license?

"Part time instructors don't really need a license in order to teach as long as they have masters degree or currently taking masters. Almost all professors or instructors in the university don't have any license." Napahawak naman ako sa bibig ko dahil sa nalaman ko. Is that how it works? Yet I overthink a lot of things when in fact I shouldn't have. 

"So I wasted two months not being with you just because of false assumption?" 

"Very much, if only you shared the problem that night we could have resolved it together." She rolled her eyes, napatawa naman ako dahil sa ginawa niya. 

"But my family won't stop until we will have no choice but to be apart." Malungkot kong saad at tinignan siya. She reached my hand and gently kissed my palm. 

"We will only be apart if you will let them." She said as if she is very certain that we both are the one who holds our destiny. 

"Aren't you afraid what they will do?" I asked worriedly because she seems so relaxed about the situation even if it involves her future. 

"As long as we are in the same page, I wouldn't be afraid baby." She replied and when I blink her lips were inches apart to mine. She stared at my eyes for a second before slowly roam her eyes to my lips. I couldn't wait any longer so I initiated to close the gap between us and crashed my lips to hers like there is no tomorrow. 

Oh I wouldn't let go of this girl. I am claiming her. I will make sure in this lifetime she will be my endgame. 

I kissed her passionately. Tongue to tongue. I have explored her mouth like I was finding a treasure within it. Oh I love her so much. 

When the kiss ended her face was still close to mine. 

"I wouldn't be afraid also since the President of our nation is my granddad." She smiled widely while I have a shocked face.