Chapter Twenty-Seven

"I can't believe you Ma, for how you treat my fiancé." Sumbat ko kay Mama Estel, when I arrived at her office. She called me so I needed to leave Cyril for the meantime even though I still wanted to talk to her. Being away with her for a week made me feel like we were apart for years. Funny isn't it that she came in my life just a few months ago and now she's becoming my life that I don't want to spend even one second without her by my side. 

"Hija, I hope you understand what I am doing here. This is for the good of all." Mama looks problematic about the situation, and I am too. I thought everything is okay because they have been supportive to me since day one, so I thought I had their back when it comes to my relationship. I didn't know what's happening now. 

"I don't understand." I was about to burst into tears but the door of the office opened and revealed my mommy. She looked at me with pity and came to me immediately as she soon saw my face. She hugged me tightly and I was standing there, can't be moved.

"Tell her the reason Estel, she's a grown up now. She will understand." Mommy said to Mama. I looked at Mama and she was a bit hesitant to say a word but she choose to have a courage to open her mouth. 

"Your lolo doesn't like your significant other Lissa. He wants her out of your life. And he threatened me that if I will not help him he will get you and your mom away from me. I cannot lose you darling." Mama said and stood up to join the hug. I was stunned of what she said. All along it was lolo. From the start of that one week getaway to this, it's his plan to ruin my relationship with Cyril. 

"I cannot lose Cyril too Mama. Please help me." I cried in front of them, and they stared with each other, conversing through their eyes. 

"I know baby. The way you look at her is the same as I look at your mommy. And if we were in your situation I wouldn't want to lose your mother too. But for now, can you lie low, until we figure this out?" Mama asked as she cupped my face. I was hesitant to nod but I have no choice but to trust them. I am powerless. Gusto ko na lang ipagdamot si Cyril sa mundo, kung ganito lang din naman ito kagulo. 

"I love her Ma." 

"We know anak." Mommy answered and brushed my hair. We are still hugging each other. 

"What should we do?" I asked now in a calm manner. Mommy sat down in the sofa followed by my Mama. So I sat down in the adjacent seat. 

"I cannot fight against your grandfather, baby." Mama sighed heavily while tapping her thighs, that's her mannerism when she is thinking of something.

"Can't I just get lolo's blessing?" 

"You can't. He didn't like the kid because he knows that during the last election your other half campaigned his rival. And was against to him. He did a background check." Mommy said in a defeating tone. I gave them an unbelievable look. 

"Just for that? Ayaw na niya sa fiancé ko? That's absurd, I will talk to him." Tumayo ako pero binigyan agad ako nang nagbabantang tingin ng Mama ko. 

"This is not the right time for that. You have a bigger problem." Mama said in a serious tone and that made me sit down. 

"What is it Ma?" Naiinip kong tanong. Patong-patong na ang mga problema ko ayoko na. 

"He's targeting the family business of Rain Cyril's. Their farm." I stood up immediately while walking back and forth. This is crazy and it is getting out of hand. I really need to talk to my lolo. 

"All the more reason why I need to talk to lolo." I persisted but mommy shook her head. 

"You can't anak. Your lolo ordered a while ago to not let you leave until he says so." Malungkot na saad ni Mommy na nagpaguho sa mundo ko. This cannot be real.