Chapter Twenty-Four

I am wearing a black sleeveless dress at pinatungan ko ito ng black blazer. After the incident happened yesterday I stayed in her condo for the night and went back to my apartment to take a bath and change since I asked her to a date and then gladly accepted it. That explains why I am wearing a dress instead of trousers which I usually wear. 

I stared at my reflection in my whole-body mirror. I smiled knowing that I am beautiful tonight. I need to be beautiful dahil para akong yaya kapag itatabi sa kaniya. Coding ang sasakyan ni Ate kaya napagdesisyonan namin na sasakyan niya ang gagamitin. I insisted that I'll be the one who'll drive but she didn't agree. I'm the one who asked her on a date yet she's the driver. 

Susunduin niya ako mamaya-maya so I texted her already that I am ready so that she can come pick me up. The early the better. My phone rang, I thought it was Calissa but it wasn't. I sighed heavily when I saw the caller ID. It says trouble. 

"Papa." I said in my monotone voice. I expected this already but not this early. But I know the more I delay the talk with my father the more I will have troubles. I needed to fix my family's problem so that it won't affect with my relationship with Calissa. I am still in my first year, I still have lots of things that I needed to prove to them. 

"I didn't like that you told your Tita about me giving you, your inheritance. They did not like it." I can sense that my father is stressed because of it since his voice were uneasy. 

"Pa, I'm sorry. I don't want them bothering my woman and that time that's the only way I know she will let me off the hook because she has a bigger problem to solve. I know they don't want me to inherit the farm." Hindi naman kasi ibinigay lahat ni Papa ang mga ari-arian niya sa akin dahil buhay pa naman siya. Ang binigay lang niya ay yung mamanahin kong pera na ininvest ko naman agad. But the fifty hectares of farm we owned, hindi pa niya ito ibinigay sa akin. Actually, he tried to give it to me but I refused to accept it. I am not deserving of that land. 

"They thought you inherited it." I heard my father's gulp, probably drinking his whisky. 

"Papa, just tell them I haven't, and I will not. I don't deserve that land." Ani ko naman at problemadong umupo sa sofa ng apartment ko. 

"Whether you will like it or not Rain, you will inherit that land." Papa said in a firm voice but I didn't flinch. 

"Pa, your brothers and sisters deserve the land. They helped you in making it as the top farm of this country. Wala akong ambag sa pinaghirapan niyong magkakapatid. Even my cousins are involved in that so they should have that." Rason ko naman, paulit-ulit na lamang namin itong pinag-aawayan. Alam kong magdudulot ito nang kaguluhan sa pamilya ko kung ako talaga ang magmamana ng buong lupain. 

"It will not be in a good hand if I will let them inherit it. You know how much I love that land, that's the first business me and your mom had. Ikaw ang karapatdapat na magmana ng lupain na iyon. It's non-negotiable." Pinatay na ni Papa ang tawag kaya hindi ako nakasagot. I need to talk to him in person so he will understand my point. I don't want to cause chaos in our family just because of a piece of land. Kontento na ako sa natanggap ko. Even without having that land, I am still a millionaire in dollar currency. I don't want more money. I just want peace. 

I heard a sound of the car outside my apartment building and when I went in the balcony, I saw a black sexy sports car. Oh. she's flexing now her wealth. I really thought she's just an ordinary professor. She humbled herself too much. Until now hindi ko parin fully napaprocess na apo pala siya ng Presidente namin at ang pamilya naman niya ay involved sa mga real estates. They are filthy rich with power. 

Bumaba na ako at pagkarating ko sa baba ay nakita kong nakasandal na ito sa labas ng kaniyang kotse. Napangiti ako nang makita ang postura niya. She is oozing hot with her silver long sleeve dress na hanggang hita lang niya. Lumapit ako sa kaniya at sinalubong ito ng halik sa pisngi. Kahit kanina pa lang kami nagkita ay namimiss ko parin siya.