Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up when I felt a hand brushing my cheeks. I hastily opened my eyes to see who it was. I was shock to see who is brushing my eyes. Nakangiti naman siya nang makita niyang nagmulat ako ng mga mata. I immediately hugged her and that took her by surprise. I missed her. Is this a dream? Am I still dreaming? A week feels long without her by my side. 

"Are you for real?" I asked, still embracing her. She chuckled and gently caress my back. 

"Of course, I am." Calissa replied and I tightened my hug to her. I don't want to let go of her now. 

"You disappeared. I thought I won't see you again." Naiiyak kong sabi sa kaniya. 

"Wait, you didn't know?" She asked confusingly kaya napabitaw kami sa isa't-isa.

"What do you mean I don't know?" She frustratedly combed her hair. 

"I told Mama Estel to tell you that my grandfather kidnapped me for a getaway because of the news." I know what news she was pertaining about, but she told Mrs. Estel? But why she didn't tell me?

"She didn't tell me tho." Mahinang boses kong sabi. She looked at me for a second before jumping off the bed and went outside. Sinundan ko ito at patungo ito sa baba. Probably going to their sala. Her aura right now is very cold. Parang bumalik ang dating Calissa na kilala ko. 

"Mama Estel, you didn't tell my fiancé that I'll be gone because lolo forcefully made me stay with him for the week in Thailand?" Dinig kong tanong niya sa mama niya kaya agad akong lumapit sa kaniya para pakalmahin ito. Nandoon din pala si Mrs. Carmel. Nagtataka niyang tinignan ang anak at asawa niya. I held Calissa's balled fist. 

"Is that true, Estel?" Mrs. Carmel asked her wife na hindi na makatingin sa kaniya. So, she really did it on purpose. Nanghihina ko itong tinignan. All those nights I spent crying dahil akala ko iniwan niya na ako pero ito lang pala ang dahilan kung bakit hindi ko kaagad alam. 

"Mommy, I told Mama Estel to pass my message to Cyril because lolo didn't give my cellphone so that I will not be seeing the news and that time only Mama Estel was there in Thailand together with lolo and she was about to go home here in the Philippines. But I see that she didn't do it." Mapait na saad ni Calissa. 

"I don't like her for you." Diretsang saad ni Mrs. Estel habang nakatingin na sa akin ngayon. 

"You are too good for her. She's also too young with questionable background. Her mother cheated on her father that's why she has a broken family. And their family is in chaos right now fighting for the true heir of their business. Her family will only drag us into a messy life. I am just saving you away from that." Parang mga karayom itong tinutusok ang mga salita sa aking dibdib. Napako ako sa kinatatayuan ko habang pinakinggan ang sinasabi ng ina ni Cal. I didn't know also na pinaimbestigahan na pala ako. Not even Cal that I have mentioned that my mother cheated on my father. 

"Estel, what are you talking about?" Her wife asked her but she only stared at me. Ignoring her wife's question. She stood up and walked towards me. I can't move, my feet were glued in the floor. 

"You don't deserve my daughter. Now that you've seen her already, get lost in my own house. Get out." Mariin niyang saad kaya naman binigyan ko ito ng isang malamig na titig bago ko binalingan ang kaniyang asawa. 

"It's nice meeting you Mrs. Carmel. I should go now." I said and I looked at Calissa when she squeezed my hand.

"I'll go with you." She said with finality, kaya kahit gusto ko mang bigyan muna sila ng oras para mag-usap na muna. 

"You are not going anywhere, Lissa." Her mother has this threatening voice but Cal didn't even flinch. 

"You can't stop me, Ma." She said firmly but her mother smirked. 

"Your grandfather won't like this." Napahinto naman si Calissa sa pagkaladkad sa akin. 

"So, he is really the mastermind behind this chaos." Mapaklang ngumiti si Cal, I saw pity in her two mom's eyes. 

We walked away after she said that. Pumunta agad kami sa garahe nila at kinuha ang susi ko sa isang guard na nandoon. We silently slid to my car. Pareho kaming may iniisip habang nasa kotse. Pagulo ng pagulo ang lahat ng pangyayari. Hindi ko parin alam kung ano ang gagawin ko. I thought this would be easy. I thought if I had the courage to face my family everything will be smooth pero hindi pala. May mga problema pa palang darating sa hindi inaasahang pagkakataon. 

Ngayon pwedeng maging masaya pero hindi ipinapangako na hanggang bukas ang kasiyahan. 

"What are you thinking?" She asked, and that made me brought back to reality. She squeezed my hand and gave me a concerning look. 

"I'm very sorry about my mother. I think I know what is going on now." She said and smiled sadly. I didn't expect that she has two mothers. 

"It's okay I understand them. They are just protective of you." I replied with a small smile plastered in my lips. 

"But my mother disrespected you and I don't like that because you don't deserve it." 

Lumabas na kami ng sasakyan dahil nandito na kami sa tapat ng apartment ko. 

"You sure you are not gonna go home?" I asked and hesitant to let her in. Magulo rin kasi ang apartment ko dahil narin sa hindi ko ito maayos because I was not in myself these past few days when she left me. 

"Are you pushing me away?" She asked with brows raised kaya napatawa ako nang mahina. 

"I am not. I apologize in advance if my apartment is messy." Binuksan ko ang apartment ko at bumungad sa amin ang magulong mga papel na nasa sahig at ang higaan ko na wala na sa ayos. 

"Take a bath, I'll clean here." Ani niya at nagsisimulang magpulot ng mga kalat ko na agad ko naman itong pinigilan. 

"You don't have to do that. I'll take a bath then I will clean this mess okay." Ani ko at pumunta na sa cabinet ko at kumuha ng mga damit. 

"You wreck your apartment." She commented as she wandered her eyes around the area. 

"I wrecked because I got insane. I thought I would lose you. I am a mad woman when you are not in my sight." I said and went to the bathroom. It has been a tough week, ngayon ko lang naramdaman ang pagod. But it's okay to feel tired nandito naman din ang pahinga ko. Kahit anong pagod ay kaya niyang pawiin. 

After cleaning myself and getting dressed I went out of the bathroom, and I was greeted by a cleam apartment now. Sa maikling oras na nandoon ako sa banyo ay nagawa niyang pagmukhaing presentable ang apartment ko. Nakaupo na siya ngayon sa couch kaya tumabi ako rito. 

I hugged her as she was busy with her phone. She put it down and hugged me back too. She kissed my forehead. I sighed contently. 

"Please don't leave me anymore, without telling me. Mababaliw ako kakahanap sayo." I said and I felt her hummed in agreement. 

"Did I worry you that much?" 

"Of course, I was mad at to whoever uploaded our pics." Galit kong saad. I am really mad to the person behind this.

"Will you be back in the University?" I asked because she has been away for a week. I don't know if she resigned or just filed a leave.

"Yes of course. Next week I'll be back." ani naman niya kaya napangiti ako. 

The whole evening, we talked about everything that has happened since she was gone, and we also talked about her grandfather. We talked and talked until my eyes fell down.