55. Feelings Tangled Up Inside

Something inside of Jungkook has broken into pieces. He hates to be abandoned but it just hurts to fit into a space where he is given no place at all.

Taehyung could see it on his face how hurt Jungkook was, completely broken which his frown of disbelief could reveal. He waited for Taehyung to disagree, saying that they are anything but strangers.

So what they are on bad terms, this doesn't call it an end. Jungkook has tried to make it clear but not Taehyung.

“A-am I?” Jungkook asked again, his voice cracky which Taehyung noticed like his pooling eyes.

A clench of heart was all Taehyung could feel along his own eyes growing teary.

He might be upset or frustrated with all of that but Jungkook is all over his mind like he has always been but Taehyung is already going through a lot and he doesn't know. Fixing it overnight won't be fair nor destroying it in a day.

He doesn't know what to do. Maybe a hug could do?

But apparently Jungkook wanted one.

They were in a daze, eyes fixed into each other while they waited for each other to say something, especially Jungkook.

Jungkook clenched the bag in his hands tightly, looking away instantly when he felt that tears built up in his eyes find a way out and that's it, he couldn't stand there anymore.

Taehyung was watching it all alone, quietly, watching how Jungkook decided to just walk away hastily as if he wanted to disappear from his sight which he did soon and there was Taehyung, still standing frozen in his place while his tears were the only thing in motion.

“No… you're not.”

But wasn't it too late to say, don't you think, dear Taehyung?

Well, it hurts him just as much but he doesn't know how to cope up with feelings. He gets paralyzed whenever there's pain around. He doesn't know when to fight or to cry, when to call for help and fix it, basically he doesn't know when to do what?

Maybe his childhood trained him to rely on others that he grew up to be unaware of the problems under his control which only he could deal with.

Back then it was easy to complain and cry, tell everything to his parents and brother but now as he started growing up, he doesn't know. He doesn't know how to deal with a problem without giving up.

How to not lose Jungkook, how to not get reminded of his messy past, how to express that he doesn't take him as a stranger, he can never. How to handle his family issues, how to reconcile his brother and parents, how to deal with all? How? 

He doesn't know. He just doesn't.

~♡~

“Did you two eat well?” Jimin was asked right away when he came out of Dowoo’s room with the empty tray, nodding in response.

“Thanks for the food, momma Kim.” Jimin walked over to the kitchen to put the utensils in the sink, deciding to wash them but his hand was gripped by the mother right away.

“No, don't- I'm here, right? Get back.” She instantly scolded him and Jimin looked at her with amazement.

“Oh, momma Kim, let me. You had already done a lot-”

“Yeah yeah, I said get back.”

“But- I wanted to help you-” Jimin stood back, pout visible on his face.

The twin's mother turned around, smiling at the guy, ruffling his hair.

“Okay, leave this kitchen to me. Go get milk from outside, I forgot that.” She then said and handed him some cash out of her wallet which Jimin accepted with both his hands before bowing.