Number

(Georges pov)

———

"You live around here?" Clay asked trying to change the subject.

"Kind of, I live like two kilometers that way" George replied and pointed in a direction.

"Ok..." Clay replied.

The small talk turned into an awkward silence.

"Been livin in silence for like... a good while... so this small talk thing isnt really my strongest side" Clay says to break the awkward silence.

"The only one Ive talked to since... you know... all that... happened is my cat so..." George said and chuckled, moving his hand to his neck.

"You have a cat? So do I, her names Patches" Clay tries to keep the small talk going.

"Yeah.. his names Luca" George replied.

"Cool..."

The awkward silence takes over again. George had an idea, a stupid, stupid idea. But it might be worth a try.

"So... I mean... since we seem to be the only two people left... I guess we could exchange numbers... I mean if you decide to grow up" George said awkwardly, trying not to sound weird. They were pretty much enemies after all.

"Only if you learn to leave your bitchy side behind" Clay chuckled.

"Cant promise anything, kiddo. But Ill try" George replied, putting his hands in his pockets.

Clay chuckled, letting the awkward silence take over for just a second before they exchange numbers.

"Well, I better get going..." George mumbled looking down.

"Wait, youre gonna walk two kilometers?" Clay asked slightly curiously.

"No..."

"I have a bike over there..." George says and points towards the bike.

"I can give you a ride otherwise..." Clay mumbled.

"You dont have a drivers lisence" George chuckled, thinking it was a joke.

"I dont. But whats anyone gonna do? No, whats who gonna do?" Clay asked and smirked slightly.

"I forgot how fucking weird you are" George said with an annoyed face.

"But sure, a ride home would be nice..." George mumbled looking down.

"Aww, dont be shy... cmon" Clay says as he started to walk towards his car.

They get in the car and the only words that are spoken are George giving Clay the directions and where to turn. Eventually they reach Georges house, Clay pulls up into the driveway. George opens the car door.

"Thanks, bye" George mumbled.

"Bye" Clay replied.

George closed the car door and walked up to his front door, taking out his keys and opening the door as Clay exits the driveway and leaves.

———

409 words