Dishes

⚠️TW ed

(Clays pov)

———

Clay feed the cats and went back into the living room to find George sleeping peacefully on the couch. Clay couldnt help but smile at the sight.

Was it really a coincidence that they were the only people to stay alive? Or was it all a part of mother natures plan?

Were they even all alone.?

(A/N foreshadowing.? wait and see...👀)

-time skip-

The next morning they were sat in the living room with two bowls of cereal infront of them. Clay was almost finished but George had barely touched his.

"You okay?" Clay asked.

"Mhm.." George mumbled back, starring at the cereal.

"Dont lie" Clay said quietly and placed his bowl on the coffee table as he turned to face George.

George just starred at the bowl, not moving. After a while he reached out and placed his bowl next to Clays.

"Can't do it right now?" Clay mumbled.

"I'm sorry" George whispered and looked down at his hands as an aptempt to try to hide the tears that was forming in his eyes.

"No need to be sorry. We can try again later." Clay comforted and placed one of his hands on Georges hands.

They caught eye contact, Clay smiled slightly. George leaned forward and placed his head against Clays chest. Clay chuckled and held George.

"Why does life have to be so hard sometimes.?" George whispered

"To get over a mountain you must find a way around it. If you know what I mean" Clay mumbled, and put one of his hands at the back of Georges head, running his fingers through his hair.

"That mountain must be very tall and wide.." George chuckled slightly.

They sat in silence for a while. Enjoying the company, each others company.

They turned on the tv and watched a movie. And slowly the amount of cereal in Georges bowl vanished. By the end of the movie, the bowl were empty.

George looked at Clay with a smile. Clay smiled back.

"Good job" Clay said happily as he stood up, grabbed the bowls and went into the kitchen to wash them.

After just a few seconds he felt arms around him and a slightly smaller person leaning agaisnt his back.

Clay finnished the dishes and managed to turn around and face George who was half asleep against him.

Clay picked George up and walked into Clays bedroom. Gently laying George down in the bed. And shortly after they were both asleep.

———

———

417 words