Fire

(Georges pov)

———

Clay stopped the car outside of Georges burning house. George ran out of the car crying more than ever. He ran up to the middle of the driveway before falling to his knees. He couldnt go into a burning house, it was to dangerous.

"GEORGE!" Clay yelled as he ran after George and sat down next to him.

George couldnt speak. All he could think of was his best friend who was most likely burnt to a crust by now.

"Luca is in there..." George mumbled and looked at Clay, Georges face showed nothing but pure pain.

Clays eyes widened as he looked at George. He looked back at the burning house. It all slowly shrunk towards the sooty ground.

Just seconds later the roof collapsed, falling inwards resulting in more walls collapsing due to the preasure. George let out a single shaky yell.

"NOO... no..." George mumbled as he leaned his head down on the pavement infront of himself.

Clay watched George loose all his hope. George wouldnt make it if Luca didnt make it. Clay looked back at the burning house trying to see something, anything that showed a sign of life from the cat. But all he saw was more walls collapsing, one after the other.

Clay tried to comfort George. But nothing seemed to help. George needed Luca more than anything else.

-time skip-

They had been sitting there for hours, just watching. They knew that they couldnt go in there before the fire had stopped.

It started raining, it rained a lot. The fire slowly calmed down.

A while later the fire seemed to have completly vanished. George stood up and walked towards the ruins of his home, Clay following close behind.

George walked into the ruins, the rain draining their clothes making a cold and wet feeling search its way up their spines.

George found a photo frame that seemed to be mostly intacked. He picked it up revealing a photo of his entire family, George himself was holding a baby version of Luca. The photo had been taken just after they got Luca, long before KH404 came and wiped out the earth.

George held the photo close to his chest as he continued to walk around in the ruins.

"George..." Clay mumbled from behind him.

"Hm.?" George mumbled in response.

"Look" Clay said.

———

394 words

A/N HAHAHAHAH another LOVELY cliffhanger for yall❤️