The Divine Proposal

"Why do you keep putting yourself in situations where you're being drained? Where inevitably you'll be the person giving more and receiving less?"
-"Well, because they're nice to me."
"There's a lot of people who will be nice to you. You know you deserve better."
-"But I love them..."
"There's a lot of people in your life that you're going to love because you have a big heart.... But not everybody that you love deserves to be in your life."
-"But I'm going to miss them..."
"I know it's hard."
-"It is"
"Because you're not just looking for good enough when you deserve outstanding. And what's going on in these situations is nothing near it and you know that."
-"Why does this always happen to me?"
"You're learning quicker each time."
-"But I asked why this always happens to me?"
"Because each time it happens, you learn a little bit more."
-"What if I just want somebody to love me?"
"Many people will love you in the grand scheme of it all. Many won't express that actively. You will find ones who do and you can't feel bad for leaving them in the past, for they have their own lessons to learn as do you and if you continue staying at their level rather than the level you've worked so hard to reach, it will be difficult for you to improve too."
-"So I am loved?"
"So you are loved. This you already knew deep in your heart."
-"But not in my mind"
"But your mind is something that can be trained and untrained. Your heart has always been pure."
-"Then why does my heart ache when I think about not being loved?"
"Because your heart feels your brain. Your heart knows that it's not true. Your heart hurts for your mind. Your heart speaks for your mind when your mind cannot understand clearly."
-"My mind only understands clearly once I'm no longer in the situation."
"Yes. But your heart always knew. It knew that it loved. It knew that you were hurt. It knew betrayal. It knew kindness. It knew that you weren't thinking clearly and it knew that it had to sacrifice itself a bit in order for your mind to see clearly."
-"So then why does my heart continue to love those who don't deserve my love?"
"Because your heart feels for others too. Because your heart hates pain. Your mind knows somebody else is in pain and you take their pain as your own."
-"How do I stop feeling other peoples pain?"
"You don't. You surround yourself with people who can understand their own pain, these people will not hurt you."