5

9:40 PM

9:40 PM

"Reservation for Knight" I said holding Noelle's hand.

Okay, you can follow me to your section" The hostess said picking up two menus. She led us to a private area, sitting the menus on the table.  I pulled Noelle's chair before taking my own.

"Thank you" She said smiling at me, I nodded smiling back at her.

"I'll let you guys settle in and send someone over to serve you. Enjoy your night" The hostess said smiling at us.

"Thank you" We said in unison before she walked away.

"This is nice" Noelle said looking around while clicking her nails again.

"I had to make a good first impression" I said leaning forward grabbing her hand. "Why are you nervous" I asked rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb.

"I don't want to ruin the date before it even starts" She said looking up at me.

"And you won't, I don't want you to be uncomfortable" I told her holding eye contact. "We're grown Babygirl, I'm not gonna be mad if you tell me the truth" I said watching her facial expression change.

"I'm just not use to men who look like you being genuinely interested in me" She said biting the inside of her jaw.

"What do you mean by men who look like me" I asked sitting up straight.

"Handsome, built men being attracted to me, a black plus size woman. I've notice that when it come to black men, not all but a lot of them hate us, but they'd date a white woman who looks like anything" She said tilting her head. "I'm not insecure or anything, I know that I'm beautiful, this is just the first time" She said looking down at the menu.

"I'm glad you know how beautiful you are, I have no ill intentions with you. And respectfully a white woman can't do anything for me" I told her rubbing her hand again. "You're beautiful, your personality is beautiful, and as far as I can see your body is beautiful" I said making her blush and look away.

"Thank you" She said picking up the drink menu. "Are you and your kids mom still in touch or involved... please be honest" She said nervously.

"No ma'am she left as soon as her 6 weeks were up, I couldn't be paid to deal with her again" I said making her raise her eyebrows. "That's why I'm hoping this works, my kids need a mother, and I need a wife" I said squeezing her hand.

"What if your kids don't like me" She said making me chuckle.

"Why wouldn't they" I asked laughing at her confused face.