Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

“Perfect!” Richard says as I finish the last song for today. I walk out of the booth and to where Richard and Kelly are. “This has been a fast... seven months?” he says. I smile and Richard gives me a silly, big hug.

    “Already hundreds of thousands of people have bought your first two singles,” Kelly states. “Oh, and you have your first interview next week.” She hands me a sheet of paper with the stuff on it for the interview.

    “Thanks!” I say. “I’ll see you guys next week.” I grab my bag and head to the elevator, saying goodbye to everyone else also.

    I step onto the elevator, and press the lobby button. I remember that I’m meeting Josh outside the building. The elevator stops suddenly on the sixth floor when I pull out my phone to call Josh, and someone walks in. I glance up for a second just as he leans against the wall of the elevator.

    I suddenly scream in excitement when I realize who it is: Hunter Hayes, my favorite singer ever.

    Is this a dream? If it is, my mind is being cruel to me in a good way. Hunter gets startled and gives me a funny look. “Sorry!” I say, too cheerfully. “I’m just a huge fan.” Hunter laughs.

    “Well that makes sense then,” he says in his adorable Louisiana accent. “Should I sign anything?”

    I should just carry around a bunch of things for celebrities to sign since I’ll probably meet everyone in existence. I dig around in my bag and find an old autograph book that I thought I got rid of. I have him sign the first page and then the doors open the ground floor. We split in different directions, and I head out the door. Josh is waiting just next to the door.

    “Hey,” he says, “You alright?” He must see I’m crying, but it’s from happiness.

    “Perfect! I just met Hunter Hayes!” I scream in a high pitched voice.

    Josh chuckles. “Get used to being around a lot of celebrities.” We walk to Josh’s car, and he drives me to his houses. He says that Andre just left to see his parents in Florida so we’ll be alone.

    Josh walks me into his house. Every time I walk into it I feel like I’m wearing a dress. I feel like it’s my first time walking in. I feel like I’ve never seen it before. And for some reason, I feel infinite.

    Next thing I know, I feel Josh’s thumb move under my eye, as if to wipe away a tear. “Hm?” I hear him say.

    I blink a couple times, and say, “What?”

    “What’s wrong?” Josh asks.

    “Nothing.”

    “You were crying.”

    “No I wasn’t.” Was I?

    “You were. What’s wrong?” I touch my cheek and find it covered in tears. Josh kisses my forehead.

    “I didn’t even know I was crying.”

    Josh kisses me on the lips briefly, and wipes the tears away. Now it’s awkward, and neither of us say anything. Neither of us probably know what to say. If we do, we’re not saying it. I stare at Josh’s hazel eyes, and he stares at my eyes. I feel his hands slip into my hands. I don’t know if either of us know what to do or say. A lump appears in my throat, and now, after unknowingly crying, i want to cry.

    I don’t know why I want to cry, and I don’t know why I feel as though I will cry. I can’t think of anything that would make me cry. Sure I met Hunter Hayes, but I already went through that. Today was awesome so far, and nothing really happened that’s sad or anything.