Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I walk to the door, and look through the peephole. Sure enough, it’s Danny. I open the door, and he steps forward into the doorframe. Without thinking, I punch him in the nose as hard as I can. Danny holds his nose tightly, and I can tell it’s probably bleeding. “What was that for?!” Danny asks.

            “What was that for?” I mock. “Like you don’t know! Can’t you leave me alone!?”

            Danny grunts in pain. “I made a mistake though! Can you let me explain!?”

            “First of all, you were already seeing her before you texted the wrong number. Therefore you were cheating on me. Therefore I don’t want to talk you. Therefore, nothing else to talk about!” I slam the door in his face, not caring what happens to him.

            I storm over to the art/writing studio and pick up my sketch book. I go through it, and rip out every last picture of Danny. I put them all one-by-one through the paper shredder, and cry my eyes out at my desk. Josh comes over, and asks, “Are you alright?”

            “No…” I barely mumble. “Danny’s just acting like an idiot.”

            “Was he always like this?”

            “Never.”

            “Then maybe he does love you.”

            “If he truly loved me, he wouldn’t have fallen in love with a second girl.”

            “True.” Josh lifts my head from my arms gently, and squats down next to me. He makes me look at him in the eyes. “Would it makes you feel better if I said that I loved you?”

            I look at Josh’s sparkling hazel eyes. I look at his clenched jaw. I look at him clench his jaw. I don’t if that would make me feel better. I don’t know if that would make me feel better. Do I love Josh like that? Maybe… Am I willing to take the chance though? Another chance at happiness, but that could possibly lead to heartbreak? Yes. With Josh I am. “Yes,” I say, and manage a smile.

            Josh takes my hand, and stands up. As do I. Josh looks at me in the eyes again, and asks me, “Do you love me?”

            I study Josh’s face, and see he’s really wanting an answer, and hoping I know how to respond this time. But I don’t know how to respond. I do love him, but… how do you say that?! I hate my life. I hate myself. I hate everything. Should I say ‘yes’, and hope for the best. Should I add more than just ‘yes.’? Why do things have to be so confusing…? “Yes.” I say out of nowhere. I hug Josh, without thinking, and he hugs me back. I love this moment. I wish it would last forever. Josh and I hugging. It’s perfection. I love it.

                But I wish I wasn’t this crazy, mental-like, idiot, ignorant, rat girl! Why does it have to be me?! Why does my brain have to make me do things without me realizing it?! Why do I have to suffer like this?! Why me?! Why do things not make sense to me? I don’t see why it has to be me going through this. Being talented, being close to Josh Hutcherson. It gives me no excuse for being this crazy lunatic who goes around doing things without realizing it until someone tells me, or until I realize it after a while. I don’t get it! Why me?!  It was so much easier in the first few years of school where all I needed to worry about was if I had my lunchbox with me. But now it’s messed up! I can’t think! Why can’t someone help me?!