Chapter 41 : It was never meant.

April 23rd
Sohee POV

I was in the club with that guy. I guess namjoon was his name. He was holding my hand and guiding me through the crowd. We became friends and I don't know how far we will go ....

But I want to go as far as possible with him !

Namjoon found us a seat, noticing the slight trouble caused by my short red dress. It was a challenge to sit elegantly without risking a wardrobe malfunction.

Sensing my discomfort, he placed a hand over my bare knee, he smiled. "Let me get a blanket for you."

With that, he left momentarily, returning with a small blanket to cover my legs. His actions made me blush, unable to contain a hint of admiration. We continued to share drinks, enjoying each other's company.

"Do you enjoy dancing ?" Namjoon asked, a smile playing on his lips as he turned his gaze towards me.

"I tend to prefer sitting and observing. My dancing skills leave much to be desired, and I've never really been taught." I responded, laughing at my own rhythmic shortcomings.

"Dancing is not something you necessarily learn, but something that comes naturally." he replied, his laughter carrying a pleasant charm.

"Well, when you put it that way... Mr. Kim." I said teasingly, extending my hand towards him. "Would you care to dance with me?"

"I'd be absolutely delighted." he beamed, slipping his hand into mine.

We stood up, and although namjoon's hands hesitated near my waist, he didn't touched me. Instead, they hovered just above, holding in air. He twirled me playfully, our eyes locked in a mesmerizing gaze.

I became aware of our bodies pressed closely, the brush of our thighs, and most importantly, his gaze and his hand tenderly caressing mine.

"You are beautiful." he whispered, his ears turning a shade of red.

Amused by his sudden compliment, I let out a light laugh. Peeking at his lips, I couldn't help but notice his grin. He maintained his hand's position, still not touching me.

"You can touch me.... anywhere." I said guiding his hand to my hips. A glint of mischief sparkled in his eyes as I spoke those words.

He swirled me away, and we continued dancing, thoroughly enjoying every moment. Suddenly, our moment was interrupted by a drunked girl stumbling towards us. Namjoon visibly tensed up, clearly flustered by her uninvited presence.

"Hey, Joon. Do you already have a girlfriend?" she slurred, a fake smile on her face, which quickly faded into a void of emotion. "Was I this easy to forget?" she sneered.

Confusion filled my gaze as I looked to Namjoon, his throat tightening with an obvious struggle. After a brief pause, he managed to speak nervously. "Um... she's my ex, Hana." he explained.

"Pleased to meet you, Hana." I greeted her politely, though I was jealous inside.

As I was used to keeping my emotions in check, maintaining professionalism was a must in my line of work. But deep down, I wanted to  kick her in the face for interrupting us.

"I can't say the same. Frankly, I'm cringing right now. It seems you really like leftovers, seeing as you picked him up." she jeered.

"Hana shut u-" He stopped.

"I do like that. Anything else ?" Maintaing my calm, i coolly replied.

"Sure, nothing else," she replied dismissively, adjusting her gaze towards Namjoon. "Was it because of her that you treated me so rudely? Were you already dating her before we even broke up? You made my life hell Joon." she said, her expression contorted with a frown.