Chapter 56 : Teaching to the core

July 22nd
Taehyung POV

I found myself at Jungkook's place in a desperate attempt to clear my concepts of math and English. We had been studying for what felt like an eternity, but the concepts continued to go past my brain.

I have passed my graduation and now it was time for entrance exams. Jungkook was tutoring me to be ready for it.

"It's wrong." Jungkook said circling my answer with disappointment.

I nodded and made another attempt, hoping for a different outcome.

"Wrong again." he sighed, clearly frustrated.

Taking the notes from his hand, I mustered up the determination to try once more. But before I could start, Jungkook interjected with a disheartening comment.

"Wrong, love." he uttered, as if exasperated.

"What the heck? I can't do this anymore." I grumbled, feeling exhausted.

"I just taught you, and you've already forgotten. Do it again. Honestly, your memory is worse than of a goldfish." he grumbled sarcastically.

His words stung like lemon juice on a paper cut. Oh, how I much i wanted to stuff a sock in his mouth and deliver a satisfying punch to his smug face.

Suppressing my frustration, I took the notes back and erased my previous answers. This time, I made a conscious effort to understand the provided examples before trying the questions myself.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and in walked Jungkook's mom, holding a tray. She beamed. "Aw, you're still studying! Here are some snacks to keep you going."

"Thanks, Mrs. Jeon," I said, smiling. As Jungkook was glued to his a Zoological book, I gave her a pleading look, silently begging her to rescue me from his grip.

She caught on quickly and jumped into action. "Jungkook, leave him alone now. He's already sick, injured in the leg-"

"And he writes with his hand. Who said anything about moving?" Jungkook shot back, not even looking up as he continued eyeing his book like it was a life-or-death mission.

Mrs. Jeon wasn't giving up that easily. "He's tired. Let the boy be. I'm taking him-"

"Enough, Mom. Don't baby him. If he fails his entrance exams, it'll be your fault," Jungkook retorted, still engrossed in whatever book war he was in.

Mrs. Jeon shot me a sympathetic glance, mouthed a quick "sorry," and retreated, leaving me to my fate.

I sighed and returned to drowning in a sea of math problems, while Jungkook, oblivious to my suffering, was more interested in reading about animal's life.

At that moment, I seriously contemplated whether I could throttle him with a pencil without anyone noticing.

Why did he have to be so much smarter than me? I wanted to excel in something, at least surpass Jungkook in some area. But his intelligence was unbeatable. He had effortlessly captured my weak spot, math, and I was terrible at it.

I wondered what Jungkook's weakness might be, hoping to find an opportunity to tease him about it. But i think that he have none.

"Jungkook?" I called out in a bored tone.

"Yes, love?" he replied, tearing his gaze away from the book.

Without hesitation, I threw my notes at him, watching intently as he examined them. A proud smile spread across his face as he scanned the pages, much to my surprise. I couldn't help but grin, finally feeling proud. I had understood Math!