Chapter 29 : Two person, One soul.

February 19th
Taehyung POV

I sat in the class, bored out of my mind, trying to solve the math questions. Each one proved to be a struggle, leading me to give up and find the answers online. That's usually how I tackle these questions.

Hoseok sat beside me, calm and composed in his own world as he listened to songs on his phone. A subtle smile on his face.

"I want to listen too." I said plucking one of his earphones and inserting it into my ear.

To my surprise, I only heard Yumi's voice. Hoseok had recorded her voice multiple times. Whenever she would speak to me, he would activate the voice recorder and listen to it all day long.

"What the heck, Hyung?" I asked, releasing a heavy sigh.

"What ? Give it back to me." he retorted embarrassed, yanking his earphone away.

"Why don't you just tell her that you love her?" I asked, feeling frustrated.

"You don't understand. I think I know her better than you do, and she wouldn't return my feelings. I've tried confessing through a texts a few days ago, but she ignored me." he explained.

"Maybe she doesn't really know you. It's not good to confess your emotions through texts. You should tell her in person." I advised.

"No, I can't do that. She -" he trailed off.

"You can, and you will. I can't see you crying over her for the rest of your life. At least give it a shot. There are two possibilities. She might accept you, or she might reject you, but at least you won't spend your whole life regretting not confessing." I said, offering him a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"Okay, I will try.." he nodded and i excitedly pulled him in a hug.

When the classes were finally over, I grasped Hoseok's hand and led him outside. We wandered around, searching for Yumi. We searched the classroom, but she had already left. Thinking she might still be outside, I guided Hoseok outdoors.

Yumi was strolling alongside her friend, making her way home. With a burst of energy, I sprinted towards her and drew Hoseok closer. Once her friend left, leaving her alone, I turned to Hoseok.

"Hyung, I'll stay here. You go and confess." I suggested, positioning myself a short distance away.

"But I think -" he hesitated.

"No 'buts.' Just go and sweep her off her feet. Kiss her." I said with a giggle, almost blushing like a shipper.

Hoseok approached Yumi, and my heart skipped a beat. Even though it would be Hoseok proposing, my nerves were on edge. I was ridiculously nervous.

"Hi, Yumi." Hoseok greeted her.

"Hey, did Taehyung send you over to ask for me? Does he need my help ? Is he injured?" she asked flashing a smile.

"No, actually, I wanted to tell you something." he hesitated.

"Um, yes go on." she urged, looking all sweet and cute.

"Yumi, I really like you." Hoseok gave an awkward smile. "In fact, I love you a lot. I sent you those texts yesterday-"

"So, it was you who has been annoying me for days. Have you completely lost your mind? Did you ever took a good look at yourself in the mirror? Did your parents not teach you any manners? Is this how you propose to someone ? Sending creepy texts day and night? What on earth made you think I would ever think of dating you? Are you popular? Are you handsome? Are you rich? The truth is, you're nothing more than a loser. Just because you hang out with Taehyung doesn't mean you're anything like him. You should focus on changing your face and your behavior before even thinking that I'd change my mind about you." she said, caressing her ring with her finger, fidgeting.