Chapter 14 : In the moonlight.

January 18th
Taehyung POV

I was clearly panicking. We're lost in the middle of nowhere. My mind went blank. I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I followed Jungkook without a word or a beef with him.

We didn't know which way all the students had gone with Mrs. Meleney since there were two pathways that looked identical.

"They must have gone left because Mrs. Meleney never does anything right." Jungkook muttered to himself.

After a moment of staring at me, we chose the left path, hoping it was the right one.

"Here." I said, handing him the remaining water from my bottle without any reaction. He took the water without us having patched things up yet.

"Shit, it's getting dark." I said, my terrified eyes meeting his. He looked away and took a deep breath. It was so cold that I was shivering.

"Hold my hand. We might get separated in the dark." he offered, not looking at me. I accepted his hand, feeling a sense of relief.

YUMI POV

Mrs. Meleney searched in the direction where I saw Jungkook and Taehyung talking, but they weren't there. They may have left, or who knows?

I felt scared. I don't care about Jungkook, but I hope Taehyung is safe. It's a forested area, and there is snow everywhere.

Mrs. Meleney called both their homes to inform them, while students searched a bit with the bus driver to find them.

Taehyung POV

My abdomen was aching because I had been walking continuously for 3 or 4 hours. I wanted to stop, but Jungkook kept walking, holding my hand.

The thick layer of snow covered every path we took as we walked in a particular direction with our flashlights on. My stomach started aching way too much, and I sat on the ground. Jungkook's eyes turned to me.

"Are you okay?" He sat on his knees to be at my level.

"I can't walk anymore, Jungkook. It's cold, and we're in the middle of this scary place. I'm scared." A tear rolled down my face, and he wiped it away.

"Come ride on my back." He turned his back to me and patted it.

"What? You won't be able to walk carrying me." I shook my head.

"I'm not that weak, and in just about an hour, you'll be home."

"No, Jungkook, I can't." I didn't wanted to cause him more pain.

"Come on. You can ride on my back. Just a little, and we'll be home," he said, slightly annoyed. I didn't want to be a burden, but I couldn't walk anymore.

He took me on his back, my arms hanging around his neck, my legs wrapped around his waist. His one hand was on my back, securing me, while the other held the flashlight.

"I'm sorry. I'm..." I felt embarrassed. I should be of help, not a burden to him.

"Don't say anything. Just a little more, and we'll be there." He had said this a thousand times since we got lost, but we still weren't home yet.