Chapter 52 : You're missing from me

June 7th
Taehyung POV

Mine ❤️ : How is the school ?

Me : I don't know

Me : I just wanna graduate fast so I can come at your university.

Mine ❤️ : Aww it's okay you see me once a week.

Me : That's too long. I miss you more everyday

Mine ❤️ : Okay. Okay. Stop whining already. You remember the Carnival we went ?

Me : Yes yes.

Mine ❤️ : I'll show you pictures of it

Me : Jungkook 🙄😤

Mine ❤️ : JK. I'll took you there tonight.

Me : Hooray. But I'll have to ask Martha.

Mine ❤️ : Don't worry. She won't say No as You're being a good kid which reminds me that i should reward you on my bed

Me : No need. The hickeys are already there.

Mine ❤️ : Are they ?

Me : Yes.

Mine ❤️ : I need a proof immediately🤔

Me : You can never be Serious.
Me : I'll see you tonight then.
Me : Take care.

Mine ❤️ : Sure bye bye 😘

Me : Pervert 😑

Mine ❤️ : Every actions of mine are considered perverted now 😂

I smiled and turned off my phone. Chatting with him brings me so much joy. Today, after lunch break, we had a debate at school. The unfortunate part is that the professor will randomly select participants, which could even include me.

I always seem to be unlucky in these situations.

My friends Jimin, Hoseok and I decided to have a study session in the school cafeteria to practice common debate topics.

"So, we know that they won't give us the usual topics." Jimin explained seriously.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Topics like booties or the best way to mate. They won't choose anything like that." Jimin replied with a smile.

"Yeah, the topics could be School Food Vs Junk Food, Computer Games Vs Sport Games, or Housework Vs Real Job, etc." Hoseok added.

"Okay, so for Junk Food, if we're on the pro side, we can argue that it's incredibly tasty, and since life is short, that's what matters." I suggested.

"Yeah, exactly." Jimin nodded.

"And if we're against it, we can mention all the health concerns we've learned about since kindergarten. Like how it's unhealthy, and so on," Hoseok chimed in.

"What if the topic is Gender Vs Gender?" I asked.

"Nah, they don't ask controversial questions like that. It's more likely to be something simpler." Jimin dismissed.

We all nodded and practiced debating on some common topics during recess. After practicing the entire break, we managed to make it back to class on time. Professor Goodwin was prepared as usual to announce the debate topic.

I lowered my head slightly, hoping he wouldn't notice me and I wouldn't get chosen.

He looked around for a while and then smiled.

"The debate topic is Boys Vs. Girls. This time, I won't choose participants randomly. Girls will compete against boys, and anyone can stand up and express their opinion." he said calmly.

The class fell silent for a moment, and then our class president, Suho, stood up.

"Boys are better than girls. They do all the tough outdoor work, while girls just spend their whole day doing girly stuff at home, which could be finished in an hour-" he began his argument.

"EXCUSE ME? Girls don't work? FYI, girls also have jobs now, and our household chores aren't just 'girly stuff.' It involves cooking, cleaning, taking care of children, buying groceries, and then pleasing you fools." Emily interrupted angrily.

"Well, you think it's easy to please girls ? We have to spend a lot of money on you just to get you to like us. From your nails to weekly gifts, we pay for everything." another boy chimed in.

"We do all that to look pretty for YOU guys." Yumi stood up and retorted taking a glance at hoseok. Hoseok blushed.  I stared at them confused.

"Boys are clearly better, period!" Jimin screamed.

"No, if we look at it clearly, God gave women the ability to give birth for a reason. We endure excruciating pain and bring new life into this world through the birth canal. We also have to deal with period cramps and countless other challenges." Yumi calmly explained.

"Oh, you girls are just being dramatic. It can't be that hard to control the red blood, right? Can't you just hold it in and go to the restroom later?" Jimin's words shocked the entire class.

"It's not something you can control, Dumb. All you boys want is a pretty face." Yumi yelled.

Jimin pushed me aside, taking a step forward.

"I - I guess if all us boys want is a pretty face, then all you girls want is an ATM machine." The boys cheered, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Excuse me? Girls don't chase after money. We just want a handsome, funny, kind, cute, open-minded, possessive boyfriend." another girl stood up, defending our side.

"I think it's impossible to find all those traits in one person." Jimin laughed.

"Guys, guys! Boys and girls aren't here to compete. We're nothing without each other. It's a partnership." Hoseok smiled, silencing everyone in the room.

The class applauded and cheered. We smiled and giggled at how it ended. In the end, no team emerged as the winner. Both boys and girls were equal.

After class ended, we all made our way home. My driver hadn't arrived yet, so i waited outside.

Jungkook's POV

"Okay, hyung. Sure. I'll try everything I can to get you and Soohee together." I assured, sitting on my bike.

He simply smiled and waved as I drove away.

I received a call from Taehyung. A small smile instantly appeared on my lips. I answered the phone, filled with anticipation.

"Yes? Missing me?" I asked, smirking.

The voice on the other end wasn't Taehyung's. It was a synthesized and deep voice.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook. Let's play a game. I call it 'Revenge.' Leave your bike where it is and head to the nearest park. You have 10 minutes to get there."

"Who the heck is this? Why do you have Taehyung's phone? Where is he?" I yelled in confusion.

"Aww, why don't you ask him?" the voice taunted and abruptly stopped.

Then, a loud yelp followed. I almost fainted as I recognized the voice...

"Don't..Ah." It was Taehyung's voice.