Chapter 59 : Confession

August 12th
Taehyung POV

I wore one of the simplest outfits I could find because I wasn't in the mood to dress up. After combing my hair and putting on sunglasses, I left my room feeling weak.

In the hall, Soohee was watching television. Even though there was a TV in her room, she preferred the giant one in the hall.

Soohee was dressed in black pants and a shirt with her black hair braided, looking depressed, probably because of what had happened between her and Namjoon. I didn't ask for more details as I was preoccupied with my own matters.

Her expression softened as she saw me. "Heading out?" she asked.

"Yeah, to see him." I replied, referring to someone she understood.

"Hope it goes well." she said.

Just as I was about to leave, I paused for a moment, thinking about Soohee. Being older, she was likely in the loop about our sudden move to America. Maybe she could shed some light on the real reason behind it.

"Can you tell me why we're shifting to America so suddenly?" I asked.

"What? They didn't tell you?" She appeared surprised.

"No, they just said it's necessary." I grumbled.

"Well, it's because of another company that we could profit immensely from if we collaborate." she explained, her attention still on the TV drama.

"How long before we can come back?" I asked with a hint of hope.

"Taehyung, this isn't a game. Mr. Kim wants you to take over his business, so it's likely that we'll be settling there." she replied, and my heart sank.

"So.. Jungkook?" I inquired.

"Leading him on would only hurt him more once he realizes you won't be returning. Be honest with him and don't offer false hope." she advised.

******
"What? Are you kidding me?" Jungkook growled, making me flinch.

"I have no control over this. I did everything I could." I defended myself.

"So, you're just going to go there and and settle ? What about the relationship we started?" he questioned.

"We can break up. We haven't been dating for long anyway." I said, trying to sound nonchalant.

He looked at me as if I had stabbed him in the chest,  his eyes filled with anger and frustration.

I wanted to cry, but I knew it would only make things worse. I needed to be firm and direct.

"Why don't you just say that you're tired of me?" he said, looking away.

"It's not that. I don't want to give you false hope. I might come back, or I might not, but even if I do, it will take a lot of time." I replied.

"We can still make it work. I'll wait f—" he insisted.

"No. What if I never return? Will you wait for me forever? You're being foolish. Just. . . Just forget about me." I said.

"Forget you?" he scoffed, mocking me. "Yes, I'll forget you. It's so easy isn't it? I'll forget that you ever kissed me, ever touched me, ever been with me, ever been mine. I'll forget everything." he said.

"But..." He grabbed my hand and placed it on his chest where his heart beat. "How will this forget you?" he asked.

"Don't make it harder for me to leave." I pulled my hand away.

"Then don't. Yell at me, argue with me, but don't leave. Stay close to me. Always." he pleaded.

"You think I have a choice?" I shouted.