12

It's going too fast. -Y/N

I woke up, my head nestled against Jenna's chest. She was already awake, absorbed in her phone. Shifting slightly to catch her eye, she glanced down at me, her smile radiant. Despite feeling a bit groggy, I returned the smile. Jenna looked effortlessly perfect in the morning light, her tousled hair adding to her allure. A soft kiss on my forehead heightened the swirling emotions within me. My stomach churned with a mix of sensations—waking up next to Jenna, the memory of our intimacy from the night before, and the realization that I had crossed a line. I felt guilty for my actions, knowing I had behaved poorly toward her. Yet, Jenna's demeanor suggested otherwise; she seemed content, more open to me than ever. But the pace at which things were progressing was unsettling. I couldn't deny the magnetic pull toward her, her undeniable allure making it impossible to resist.

"I need to take a shower," I murmured, my thoughts troubled.

The lingering stickiness from last night's encounter bothered me; I disliked the feeling of being unclean while trying to rest. A shower might help clear my head. Jenna released her embrace, and I reluctantly left the bed, my mind still occupied with thoughts of her naked form beneath the covers. Her scent lingered, a constant reminder of her presence. As much as I wanted to return to her side, I needed to freshen up. Grabbing clothes from my bag, I made my way to the bathroom.

"What would you ladies like?" the waiter inquired.

"A hot chocolate and orange juice, please," Jenna replied, flashing a smile at him.

"I'll have a red fruit herbal tea," I said absently, fixated on my phone.

Desperate messages to Hailee flooded my screen, each one a plea for her attention.

8:22 AM: From Y/N to Haileebear: HAILEE, WE NEED TO TALK!! I WENT DOWN ON JENNA.

8:23 AM: From Y/N to Haileebear: I THINK I'M GOING CRAZY. I ACTUALLY LIKED IT WHEN I KISSED HER, AND I ALWAYS GET A STOMACH ACHE WHEN I'M WITH HER.

8:24 AM: From Y/N to Haileebear: HAILEE, ANSWER ME NOW!

8:25 AM: From Y/N to Haileebear: Shit. Shit. SHIT.

"Is everything alright?" Jenna's voice interrupted my frantic typing.

I glanced up, realizing I had been scowling. With a sigh, I locked my phone, resolved that if Hailee didn't respond, I would sever ties with her.

"Yeah," I replied, my gaze dropping to the floor.

Resisting Jenna's allure felt like an impossible task. I couldn't shake the memory of our intimate encounter; the intensity of my emotions had taken me by surprise. Despite my internal turmoil, I couldn't deny the pleasure I had experienced. Confusion clouded my thoughts, leaving me unsure of myself and my desires.

"You regret last night..." Jenna's voice trailed off, tinged with disappointment.

Meeting her gaze, I saw the sadness in her eyes, and my heart clenched. I didn't regret our actions, but I regretted the complications they brought. Jenna's smile vanished, replaced by a vulnerable expression that pierced me to the core. I couldn't bear to see her in pain, knowing that I was the cause.

"Yeah, I regret it," I admitted, meeting her gaze.

Tears welled in Jenna's eyes, and guilt washed over me like a tidal wave. Unable to bear the weight of her sorrow, I rose abruptly from the table, fleeing to the sanctuary of our room. It was a rash decision, driven by the need to shield Jenna from further hurt.