18. Disappointed

"I am too tired to answer a hundred questions from my mom if I go home with this bouquet," Dua muttered to herself while standing outside her house. "I'll go to Nabiha's house instead."

As Dua was about to ring the doorbell, her dad unexpectedly entered the floor through the elevator.
"Dua, you're home early," he remarked. Dua was surprised to see him home at an odd time.
"My classes got canceled, so I came home early," she explained.

Her dad then questioned her about the bouquet. Dua felt anxious about what to say, so she lied,
"I got this for Nabiha's dad." Her dad then invited her to come inside. "Dad, let me go and meet Nabiha first, and then I'll come back," Dua insisted.

"No, come with me. I have something important to tell you, which is why I came home early. You can go later,"
her dad replied. Dua became nervous and wondered what was so important that her dad came home from the hospital early. "Allah Bacha lena mujhe aaj," she muttered under her breath.

"Dua, what are you thinking? Come on," her dad urged her.
"Dad, you told me there was no hurry. Then, why did you invite them for dinner tomorrow?" Dua burst out in frustration.

"Still, there is no hurry, Dua. It's just my friend and his wife who wanted to see you," replied Dua's dad.

"Yes, Dua. What's the problem in meeting? We are not getting you married off tomorrow," Dua's mom added."But, Mom," Dua tried to speak, but her dad interrupted, "Dua, no buts. They are coming tomorrow, and the decision is final. The boy is a great guy, he is a cardiologist just like your dad, and he doesn't even practice here in Bangladesh, he is London-based. You will like him," Dua's mother said, trying to calm Dua.

.
"But, Mom," Dua tried to speak, but her dad interrupted, "Dua, no buts. They are coming tomorrow, and the decision is final. The boy is a great guy, he is a cardiologist just like your dad, and he doesn't even practice here in Bangladesh, he is London-based. You will like him," Dua's mother said, trying to calm Dua.

Dua, who was hurt by her parents, kept quiet and replied with a frustrated voice, "Alright, once again, you guys won, and I lost." She had been hoping that her parents would understand her feelings and not force her into a marriage against her house.
Dua got up in front of their parents, slammed the main door, and went to Nabiha's house

Nabiha's mom opened the door for Dua, who greeted her with a warm hug and asked about Nabiha's dad before going to Nabiha's room.
"Nabiha, where are you?" Dua asked.
"Washroom," Nabiha's voice echoed from the bathroom.
"Stay there forever," Dua mischievously said.
Dua took a seat on Nabiha's bed, took a book from the table, and reminded Nabiha,
"What's taking you so long?"
"I'm taking a shower, wait 5 minutes," Nabiha replied from the bathroom.
Dua sighed, but then Nabiha's phone rang.
"Your phone is ringing," Dua knocked on the washroom door and told Nabiha.
"Who is it?" Nabiha asked from the bathroom.
"Someone named Mr. F. Who is this?" Dua asked.
"Don't take the call, cut it off, please," Nabiha panicked.
Dua found this very suspicious and retorted, "What the hell are you hiding from me? You know what I'm receiving."
"No, no, no," Nabiha kept saying from the washroom, but Dua didn't pay heed and received the call, putting it on loudspeaker. As soon as she received the call, the other person started saying,
"Hello love, how are you? How is your dad now?"
At that moment, Nabiha came out from the washroom hurriedly. Dua's eyes widened with shock as the voice was very familiar to her.
"Hello, why aren't you speaking? Is Dua in front of you?"
Nabiha put a hand on her head and avoided eye contact with Dua. Dua then replied to the phone call,
"Yes, you're definitely right, Dua is in front of Nabiha right now.