Hmm?

After we cleaned ourselves up we headed back to the night to our lodging. Before we made it to our room though, Muichiro stopped and looked around for a moment.

"I need to do something," he spoke suddenly. He looked focus, it must be serious so I followed him as he opened a room that wasn't ours. I wasn't sure what he was doing as I suddenly saw Tanjiro and Nezuko sleeping on the floor of the room Muichiro opened. I looked in awe at the two, not even knowing that Tanjiro had woken up let alone recovered enough to make it here. Before I could speak, Muichiro suddenly pinched Tanjiro's nose.

"Huh?! Tokito? Kazi? What's wrong? Did you just pinch my nose?" He exclaimed bewildered by the unusual interaction. Muichiro looked at him with a deadpan expression.

"Yes, I did. You took too long to react," Muichiro explained nonchalantly. "Why do you care for others so much? Even ones you do not know? He asked him suddenly. I looked at Muichiro strangely but Tanjiro just smiled. Why was Muichiro asking Tanjiro this?

"That's easy. Because whatever you do for others, they come around to help you in the end as well," Tanjiro beamed. I smiled at his kind words, this kid really is too pure. But more importantly, Muichiro's face lit up, like he remembered something long forgotten and seemed excited.

"Say that again, again," he pleaded before Nezuko jumped up and headbutted Tanjiro. She is probably the only creature that can make his head hurt. Regardless, she was extra small and adorable today as she jumped up with excited and gave me a tight hug. I hugged her back.

"I didn't know you were awake yet Tanjiro," I said softly as Muichiro looked at me worried when he saw my expression. I felt so happy for him to be okay and Nezuko too.

"Really? You must have been busy then. I'm surprised Tokito didn't mention we ran into each other earlier. He was a bit stubborn but he finally calmed down and let the child go when I mentioned your name," Tanjiro explained as I blinked at him in confusion. What on Earth was he talking about? Muichiro had been with me all day except when I was with the Chief, wait.

I looked at Muichiro confused as did he. "We met earlier today? Oh right, the doll. I sliced off its arm, " he remarked but not cruelly. His voice was matter of fact.

"Well, the doll still was functional as I trained with it until I decapitated today from the kids request. There was a strange sword inside I found when I was training with the doll,"  Tanjiro explained as Muichiro's eyes lit up in curiosity. I pulled him by the hair and looked up at him.

"Were you mean to a little kid when I wasn't around?" I asked him seriously when I processed the situation as Tanjiro pleaded with me to calm down worried.

"No, no! I think he just didn't understand how he seemed. Please relax," he said as Muichiro stayed quiet for a moment. I let him go, a bit angry at him for a moment as he took a breath.

"No, you are wrong. I was too cruel. I didn't think about others since I didn't know the child. That's why, I came here to ask you the question," he said as he pointed at Tanjiro before looking back at me. "I'm sorry, I will apologize to the child tomorrow," he said. His eyes looked sad and I could tell he genuinely felt guilty. I signed as I pet his head, forgiving him as long as he apologized to the child.

"Now then, why did you want the doll so badly in the first place?" Tanjiro excitedly asked.

Muichiro crossed his arms, cocking his head to the side as he let out a soft "hmm, how should I put it?". Adorably, Nezuko repeated the same motion as Muichiro causing me to giggle.

The door suddenly opened as a shaky hand started to crawl towards us. With unbelievable speed, Muichiro reacted and headed towards what we could now sense as a demon to slice its head clean off. It somehow evaded up and ended up on the ceiling. With Tanjiro and Nezuko's assistance Muichiro was Abel to decapitate it with ease.

"Tokito! Don't let your guard down!" He yelled out as the demon became two. I had never seen such power before, so I went behind Muichiro to help him but we were blasted away. I fell into a tree not far from the kids, but Muichiro was far. I knew though I couldn't leave the fight, he would never forgive me.

I got up despite my pain and ran back to help Tanjiro and the other boy with black hair fight the demon. I've never seen him before, but he was doing excellent.

The battle went on for ages but eventually, Mitsuri appeared as the demon had split from two to five and now to a younger one with drums. It was so powerful but the boys were charged with going after the true body while I helped Mitsuri distract the demonic drummer boy and protect any civilians nearby. I just hoped Muichiro was alright.

-------

Muichiro POV:

I was trapped in the water. I couldn't believe it, I was running out of air as my lungs burned. But I saw Tanjiro speaking to me strange words of kindness. I remember now.

I used to be kind. I thought I knew what goodness was when you came into my life. I actually cared about something, it cleared my head but I still never quite recovered my memories. But even if I forgot, my body remembers. Every cell.

The boy I was meaning to apologize too was here and he saved me, giving me the air I needed to break free and slay that disgusting upper moon. I was weak from the poison but I still ran as fast as I could towards you, grabbing the mysterious sword from the smith Tanjiro told me about earlier. Please, be okay.

Apparently, I didn't need to worry so much as I saw you were holding off the drum demon with Mitsuri with relative ease. Your mist was so thick it threw them off, but you were yelling at me to go. "Help Tanjiro," as you swang your temporary sword beautiful, blazing agua blue.

I didn't want to leave your side, but I trusted your battle instincts as I found  Tanjiro, throwing the sword with all my strength. "Tanjiro!!" I called out as he noticed and took the strength to fight.

Finally it was over as the sun rose, Nezuko burning for a moment as I felt sadness until I noticed, she was okay. You came behind me, free from the drum demon and noticed as well as I saw the tears fall down your face as you embraced me and jumped down to embrace Nezuko happily.

"Don't scare us like that again!" You called out as the tears fell. My did too when I saw Tanjiro's, grateful for him for helping me remember everything.