Entertainment Mission

Even though the loss of the flame hashira was felt, life went on. Muichiro and I continued to go on missions together frequently. When we weren't on missions, he trained me (brutally) by day, but was gentle by night to me. However, my training was improving rapidly as I was close to being able to take him down when we sparred, sometimes pushing him to actually be on guard. He was an excellent teacher, but an even better lover. 

Four months had passed by in the blink of an eye. Our love had deepened significantly, and though he still would occasionally struggle with jealousy, he was getting better at handling it. I always found it cute.

"I said 'no' so get lost," I heard Muichiro say in a stern voice, waking me up. He sounded irritated, but he never yelled. For the first time, he sounded close to yelling. I quickly fixed myself and started to head towards where their voices were coming from outside my door.

"I will protect her alright? I just need some female demon slayers and there aren't many available," I could hear Tengen arguing back. I peered around the corner and spotted them at the front entrance. Muichiro had his eyebrows furrowed as he stared up at Tengen. His hands were clenched into fists, but he restrained himself from becoming violent.

"I said no. I won't repeat myself," He spoke sharply before they both spotted me. Muichiro blocked Tengen from entering as he gave him a death stare. That didn't stop Tengen from yelling out to me though.

"Hey! I need some female demon slayers for a mission to rescue my wives," He started to explain before Muichiro punched him swiftly in the stomach. I didn't even see him move but Tengen instinctively wrapped his hands around his stomach, trying to catch his breath.

"Don't worry about it. I won't let you go anywhere without me," Muichiro reassured me as he moved the hair out of my face slowly. Tengen, despite trying to compose himself still managed to speak.

"Please. You don't have to fight, I just need a spy to find out where they are. Please," he begged. I was surprised. Tengen is always eccentric, loud, and proud, but he was begging for my help. 

"And what about the other female hashira?" Muichiro interrogated.

"Busy," Tengen answered shortly. Muichiro squinted his eyes, looking very displeased at Tengen before turning away, grabbing my arm to pull me away from the situation. I pulled my arm as Muichiro looked at me in disbelief.

"I have a duty as a demon slayer you know. And, Tengen is a friend. If I won't be fighting in the middle of the danger, what is the problem?" I asked Muichiro seriously. He was stunned but started to pout at my question. I kept my voice calm, anger wasn't to do anything but start an argument. "What is it?" I repeated.

"It's in the entertainment district. I don't want you to get lost like his wives, or, touched by some other guy," he said quietly. I could understand his concerns as I sighed. I turned to Tengen.

"Why were your wives there? And how did they get lost?" I asked Tengen. He explained he suspected an upper moon demon was lurking there and explained his wives were writing to him as they investigated everything. I listened to his story, but Muichiro was still not pleased with everything, even though Tengen assured him he wouldn't let me out of his sight.

I felt torn. I didn't want to upset Muichiro, but I also had a duty as a demon slayer. I put my hand on my temple and sighed. I looked back up at Muichiro, waiting to hear my thoughts patiently.

"I am a demon slayer Muichiro. If I won't be in combat and write you daily, no, twice daily, would you let me go?" I asked him logically. He seemed surprised.

"Do you want to go that bad?" He asked me quietly, obviously not happy to be continuing this conversation. Tengen stared quietly as he saw how Muichiro always softened when he came to me. I think he understood the feeling so he waited silently, to not ruin his chances of my help.

"I need to go to help others, just like you helped me. I won't let anything happen to me, you know that. I don't want to leave you so don't misunderstand me please," I begged as I held his hands and felt his fingers interlace with me as he stubbornly looked to the floor.

"Fine. But you must write me updates and be back within three days, no later," he told me before turning to Tengen. "If she is hurt, lost, or touched by anyone I will kill you," he harshly warned Tengen so nodded as Muichiro walked off.

"Um, thanks," he awkwardly said. I sighed and prepared my belongings for the next few days. I made sure to thank Muichiro as I hugged and kissed him goodbye. Tengen was kind enough to be patient, despite missing his three wives.

-------

"TENGEN, LET THE CHILDREN GO!" I called out desperately as he picked up the small girls from the Butterfly Mansion and Aoi. They were all attacking him as well despite their small size. I was furious, about to pull out of the mission until three boys arrived and threatened him as well.

"We will go in their place!" A boy with reddish hair and strange earrings called out. Was that one next to him wearing a boar's head? The other looked like a coward. What a strange group.

"Fine, I guess I take you in their place. You three can come with me as well as Kazi," he said while pointing at me. They didn't seem to notice me until Tengen pointed me out. They all blinked in confused unison at me.

"Hello," I said awkwardly while waving. They all blinked again before turning excited and overwhelming me.

"Hi! I'm Tanjiro, this is Zentisu and Inosuke," the red-haired boy introduced himself while pointing to his friends. The boar one just huffed while Zentisu was just blushing at me. How strange.

After that, Tengen explained our mission to us as we arrived at the infamous entertainment district by nightfall. He checked us into a hotel and dressed up the three boys hideously as women. I took over their makeup afterward to make it more believable.

"So, why can't join us in combat?" the boar one huffed annoyed while I was fixing Tanjiro's makeup.

"Inosuke, she explained she is just working as intel and assist," he defended me. This boy was so sweet. The yellow one was kind of creeping me out though as he kept staring at me. I swear I could see hearts in his eyes.

"Well, actually, that's not the only reason," I explained softly while fixing his hair. So soft, like his heart. He is so cute, I want to adopt him.

"Huh? Why else?" He asked innocently.

"Because Muichiro doesn't want me to get hurt. You see, we always go on missions together. I'm sure he won't be happy when he discovers I ended up being the only female demon slayer to go anyways, but I should write him," I explained gently before turning to grab a piece a paper. I did promise after all. 

"Muichiro? The mist hashira?" He asked quietly, thinking for a moment before it clicked. "Hey! That guy threw rocks at me!" He exclaimed as the memory came back to him. I just blinked at him blankly until his little sister came out of his box, a demon. 

"HUH? THAT'S YOU?" I exclaimed excitedly as the small girl came up to me so excitedly. Why was she adorable?

-------

Author's Note

Sorry for the late update today. I've had two family members hospitalized this week so it's been a little rough to write.