Final Battle

Muichiro's POV:

--------

The others were in more or less the same condition as me. Muzan was relentless and terrifying. His presence was suffocating and he was the most hideous I had ever seen, but, we had to fight.

 Every second counted for something. I used my mist to bring an advantage for everyone. I wasn't sure how well he could see through it, but it was hopefully enough to distort his detections of their movements and help them. I trusted all of my comrades to be able to see through my mist, they were used to me anyway.

Mitsuri was struggling, but there was so much going on it was hard to tell what to do. But then, you appeared. You dealt an attack to one of his arms that would have ended Mitsuri if you weren't there. I could see the gratitude and rage in her eyes as her determination only increased.

"Muichiro! Make your red sword! It'll weaken him!" You called out to me. I gripped my sword tightly again, until it turned crimson red and unleashed my seventh form, distorting my movements so Muzan couldn't see me clearly until I was able to deliver several painful slashes to him.

Obanai followed suit and turned his blade red. Finally, we were making progress all because of you. Your encouragement, your protection of our friends, everything made each painful second possible. We just had to keep going.

You appeared to my side, that speed from when you saved me earlier not leaving your body despite your condition. I'm impressed you could still stand, but I really shouldn't be. You have grown to extraordinary lengths since we first met.

"The eighth form!" You yelled out. I nodded as I saw your normally agua blue blade glowing bright red.

We launched ourselves into the air and despite our vision not recovering completely, we spun like we were going to fly off the face of the Earth. This was the fastest we had ever done this form, but we had to land it perfectly as our red blades stuck out. A strange mist appeared that burned in the air like steam. It was extraordinarily hot but we spun towards Muzan, cutting down each of his extensions until we reached his body and sliced off his arms and legs together.

His burned areas like out a crisp, singe noise but he still recovered quickly. Everyone was beaten down, but the tide was turning with the demon Tamayo's medicine and potions that further weakened Muzan. 

Even better, the boys appeared as well as Shinobu's tsugoku, Kanao. Everything was starting to improve as we battled on for what felt like hours for each minute. Eventually, Tanjiro joined as well.

You mostly supported everyone, making sure no one's injuries worsened while I helped distort our team's movements. All I knew though, if not for you, I would be dead and so would much more of our team. 

I saw you protecting the others with all of your heart. Your speed was even faster than Shinobu's as you blocked Obanai from being thrown into a building. It was hard to keep track of you, even if there wasn't any mist.

Eventually, the sun did rise and we helped hold Muzan's true form in the sunlight until he burned to ashes. We let out a sigh of relief as the sun rose and everyone cheered.

"W-we did it. No one will suffer like us anymore. W-we really are, going to get m-married" you spoke so softly as tears filled your eyes.

I saw the blood from your wound had opened up slightly and was soaking your kimono. I held you close as your exhaustion overtook you and I called for a medic frantically.

Your hand was on my chest though, covering my reopened wound. How long had we been fighting like this? With our wounds gaped wide open? This better have been the last time this happened as I felt my body's weakened state overtook my consciousness.

---------

MC POV:

----------

When I woke up, I felt a warm presence in my hand. The room was quiet with only soft breathing filling the air. I realized someone was asleep next to me but didn't move their hand from mine. My vision was fuzzy so I squeezed the hand until I heard them move.

"You are awake!" I heard Muichiro call out as he excitedly stood up despite sleeping just seconds ago. He wrapped his hands around my face delicately and brought me into a sweet kiss. I moved my weak arms around him and kissed him with the strength I had in me.

Was it really over? 

The commotion brought in more excited people. My vision was clearing and I realized tears were streaming down my cheeks that Muichiro wiped away with a smile. I looked up into his sweet eyes threatening to cry as well, they were overflowing with happiness, relief, and love.

"You are okay, I am so happy," I weakly stated. It hurt to speak still and I grabbed my left side where I was impaled before. I could feel a scar under my clothes, but I was alive, so I was thankful for that.

"Don't worry about me, you were asleep for three weeks. You saved my life," Muichiro stated with a smile as he kissed my forehead and I blushed. 

"You saved mine too!" I heard Mitsuri exclaim. She had been waiting quietly since I had just woken up and I saw Obanai, Tengen, Giyu, Sanemi, and Nezuko all here. They must be checking on the wounded every day to already be by my side.

"Mine as well, thank you for saving us," Obanai stated softly as Mitsuri embraced him in a hug and kissed his cheek. I guess the fight allowed them to confess their feelings for one another as I felt my tears threatening to fall again.

"Of course. You are my friends. You all saved me too," I stated sweetly before a nagging question came to my mind, "What about the boys?"

"They are fine. They are all still in a coma though. Tanjiro was briefly turned into a demon who conquered the sun in seconds, but he was brought under control and reverted to being a human," Muichiro explained. 

Even after Muzan's death, he still had to cause problems for us. I was relieved to hear the boys were okay at least. Most of us had permanent injuries as well, but we survived when so many didn't. I made sure to hug everyone who came to my side as my tears fell again.

We had so many losses, but, demons were gone from this Earth. No one would suffer like us or our friends anymore. We could live our lives in peace now.

"We still have a wedding to plan you know," Muichiro said with a smile as I looked up at him. He seemed, at peace. I cupped his face and kissed his cheek, unbothered by showing so much affection to everyone who surrounded us.

"I wouldn't delay it for the world," I stated happily as he blushed slightly.