An ancestor

A/N: Major manga spoilers from this point on!

------

We were sprinting towards the Master's Estate at a speed we had never traveled before. His mind was elsewhere, likely thinking of how the Master cared for him just like he did for me. The Master helped me get close to Muichiro and gave us permission to marry, he has to be okay. He has to be.

We were finally closing in. There was smoke in the air, likely an explosion as we heard a voice call out telling us the demon in the center, impaled by what seemed to be wires was none other than Muzan himself. There was a heavy demonic presence in the air, it was undoubtedly true as we jumped towards him.

I saw the other hashira arrive as well, all filled with the same rage as we closed in only to see Muzan smile at us and tap his foot, teleporting us to the sound of a biwa.

Suddenly, we were in a strange area. There was no indication of the sky, it was filled with various rooms, cliffs, and stairs. Everything was twisted in all directions. It looked impossible to navigate but I was still close to Muichiro and Gyomei as a hoard of demons was swarming us.

We all started to fight together, noticing how Muzan must have summoned all of his demons here to slow us down and hopefully kill us, but he wouldn't rid of us that easily.

We kept progressing as a team and were running through the strange halls when Muichiro suddenly let out a gasp.

I turned to look and he was trapped hit by one moving wall and separated from Gyomei and I. 

"Muichiro!" I called out to him. He was going further away but he started to attack the strange wall and I heard a crash across the raven between us now.

"Don't worry about me! Keep going!" He called out. Like hell I was going to let that happen. I could sense something intimidating, even worse than Muzan himself over there as I started desperately searching for a path and had Gyomei follow me.

Just hold on a little bit longer, I'm coming, Muichiro. 

I frantically dashed through the halls, jumping and climbing wherever I could to get over that raven and track him down. I had no doubt he was battling that intimidating aura that he had drawn close to earlier. Suddenly, I was hit by a moving door as well separating me from Gyomei who yelled out a promise to look for me.

It turned out to be a blessing though, I could see mist appearing as I sensed Muichiro close by. I peered around from the right side and saw that the intimidating presence belonged to upper rank one. He had six disgusting eyes and was reaching for his sword. Muichiro already started his seventh form. I had to swallow my fear and help him.

He was drawing his blade and like the first drop of rain before a storm, I appeared out of nowhere with a speed I didn't know was possible for me and blocked his sword from slicing Muichiro. The loud clash of metal rang in my ears and I knew my strength wasn't enough to turn him away, so I ducked and allowed his swing to finish out of our range.

I was filled with rage. Rage that Master was dead. Rage that Muichiro was separated from me and almost injured. Rage of demons in general for killing everyone I ever cared for. I could see blood in my eyes as I tried to calm myself down and step back with Muichiro behind me. 

It was my turn to help protect him. No one else I cared for was going to die because of these monsters.

"Why did you get the way?" He asked me. I didn't respond, I could see Muichiro was feeling the same sort of rage as me though. "It doesn't matter. You are of no use to me," 

Faster than lightning, the upper moon one demon struck me with his hand and knocked me back into a pillar, crashing it in half as blood poured down my head. I wasn't going to lose consciousness already though but I saw Muichiro start to attack only for his own sword to be shoved through his shoulder.

He was perched up on a pillar as the demon was talking to him. There was blood pouring out his arm as the demon cut him deeper and he let out a shriek of pain. My ears couldn't take it.

I stood up and started to get closer, only to hear that demon rambling about turning Muichiro into a demon and sharing blood or something like that. It disgusted me to no end. One thing was for certain though, he struck a major artery in his shoulder, meaning Muichiro would die if wasn't treated quickly.

I started to get into a breathing form position while he was distracted and noticed Genya aiming for the demon's neck. Only for the demon to suddenly be Genya just as he was with me earlier as he mercilessly sliced off Genya's arm.

"GENYA!" Muichiro desperately cried out as I unleashed one of my strikes on the demon. Nothing hit him though and I was only blown back into the wall. I was barely able to dodge, likely due to the mist, as his slice for my head only grazed my left ear.

The demon turned his attention back to Genya and sliced him in half. I cried out to him as Muichiro was desperately trying to remove the sword from his shoulder. No, if he does that he will bleed out faster!

A sound deafening blow of wind came as Sanemi appeared to help his little brother. I was relieved for the help as Sanemi yelled out to the demon, unintimidated by his heavy presence.

"I'll rip your head off, bitch! I am the wind," He said with a smile. This guy was truly something else. My head injuries were making it difficult to see straight, but I desperately tried to follow his movements.

Sanemi was fast, and powerful as he kept the demon occupied and I rushed over to help Muichiro. I tore a piece of my kimono and helped him remove the sword from his shoulder only to see his bleeding worsen rapidly. I quickly wrapped his wound while the fight went on. Gyomei found us soon after and was fighting while I was finishing up Muichiro's wrap.

His bleeding was still heavy, but luckily slowing down. He was cold but sweaty due to the blood loss. I could see the determination in his eyes though to be of use no matter what, and I felt the same. There was no point in lecturing him otherwise.

As he stood up, we ran to where the fight was headed and came across Genya who was miraculously still alive. 

"Hey, do you mind putting my body back together? I want to fight to the end," He asked us as helped him out quickly. I wrapped his body together in a desperate attempt to help him heal faster.

"Alright. We will fight to the end together," Muichiro stated as I helped Genya to his feet. 

We ran to join the others as a team to finish this fight. It didn't matter how bad of shape we were in, we were going to finish this to the end.