~25~

When we arrived, Isabelle seemed a bit quiet. She was fidgeting with her nails and occasionally glancing at me. I wasn't sure if she felt the same way about me or if she was just nervous about rejecting me.
As we moved away from the mummy's coffin, I asked her, "Are you alright?" She paused, looked at me, and then stopped. Her next words caught me off guard, but I didn't show any reaction.
"I want nachos."
I blinked a few times and had to make sure I heard her right.
"You eat more than I do, and I'm the man."
She smacked my shoulder.
"Can we please just get some nachos?"
"Fine," I said, rubbing my shoulder where she had smacked, "looks like your teacher didn't show up."
She ignored me and kept walking. Her eyes scanning over the walls of vases and ancient statues.
As she occupied herself, I pulled my phone out, angled it right, her eyes lighting up when she sees something and I take a picture.
"They have a sword!"
She noticed my phone held up at her and she cross her arms.
"Delete it. Now."
I laugh. "No way."



We walked down to my car as we left the museum. Isabelle was blabbering her mouth about all of her favorite foods which seemed like she could eat the world if God offered it on a plate.
"Oh, there's Mr. Lee!" She waved him over and smiles. When my eyes trailed over to where she was giving her attention.
Parker was walking towards us from the parking lot. A woman wearing shades walked with him with her eyes glued to her phone. They looked like a celebrity couple.
"Hey!" He said when they approached us.
The woman lifted her shades to the top of her head and my blood went cold.
Isabelle looks up as me and whispered, "what is it?"
"That's my mom."