~29~

I didn't go straight home. I called Isabelle to meet me at the Diner near her sister's house.
I didn't go into the Diner once I pulled up. I stayed in my car, thinking about what Kyle said, I was too upset to go in the diner by myself and wait for Isabelle. I'd rather have her go inside and I'll follow a minute after so our conversation can flow through perfectly.
I wasn't in my car for longer than a couple minutes before I watched her walk down the sidewalk to the diner.
Her hair was shorter, maybe it was styled that way, but I didn't wait a minute after she walked into the diner. I walked inside just a few seconds after her, she was removing her jacket and folding it over the chair before her eyes locked on mine. She was grinning then waved me over.
It wasn't styled to make her hair look shorter. It was short. She cut it.
The brown licks that flowed down her back with bright brown tips were now a short brown, and was now in at shoulder-length. Her bangs covered her eyebrows and her glossy lips glistened from the lighting. I mistakenly thought she was a real angel.
I stood near my chair opposite from hers, gaping like a complete idiot.
She looked flustered all of a sudden, her hand reaching out to run over her hair.
"Don't stare." She mumbled.
"My bad." I say, blinking to get my thoughts back.
"You look..." I couldn't finish. She was everything, I knew she was way out of my league.
"You told me I needed a chop."
"I was joking, Izzy."
The new nickname made her cheeks red. She took her seat, then looks up at me to do the same. So I did.
"I did it right after you dropped me off." She touches her hair again.
"It's perfect." I tell her.
"So, why did you wanna talk?"
I take my silverware from the napkin that it was rolled in then straighten them to distract myself.
"I just wanted to see you. I talked to Kyle and he gave me a harsh truth."
I look up at her and she was smirking.
"What?" I say, "What's with the look."
She leans back in her chair. "Nothing." She looks away from a brief second. "What did he say?"
"That me obsessing over my mother leaving is stupid now."
She doesn't say anything. I don't blame her. I knew she was getting at what Kyle's trying to say.
"I'm taking his advice. I'm gonna do something that I, Oliver Nathan Stone wouldn't do."
She raised an eyebrow. I could tell she was shocked to have heard my full name, then she says, "You're gonna get laid?"
I didn't reply to that. "I'm going to find a girl to flirt with, yes."
She smirked. "Good, I hope you don't have work for a few weeks."
It was my turn to raise an eyebrow. "Why you say that?"
"My sister's boyfriend gave her a couple of bucks from child support and she's taking us to Miami, you should come." She makes eye contact with me. "You can meet my beloved big sister and see who technically raised me."
Her smile gave me a feeling that her sister is a woman who shouldn't be messed with, and I gulped as a response.