~34~

Jessie and I talked on the phone for hours and to my surprise, nobody came to look for me.
I hung up after she said goodnight and I sighed with content. I guess that's what I needed; a good phone call from my ex girlfriend.
I heard the door creek open then close.
Kyle.
He was being dragged in by Isabelle and Brenda, I quickly jumped up and helped them, my hand falling to the small of his back to keep him from leaning over.
"What the hell happened?" I asked.
"Guy made a bet with a guy who tried to ask me out." Isabelle says, letting go Kyle's waist from the other side of him. Her sister sighed and placed her hands on her hips.
"The bet was to see who could drink the most, the winner had to date Isabelle." She says, looking directly at me as if I told them the bet was a good idea.
Then Isabelle says, "Kyle told the man that he was married, which seemed like a good thing for the man, because he smiled like the grinch."
I wanted to roll my eyes at her, she noticed and smiled, but continued. "Long story short, Kyle told the guy if he could drink five rounds of tequila he had to back off, the man only lasted two and our living proof of a winner is right there." She points to Kyle who was out cold on his bed in front of us. I don't even remember him falling from my hands, but I shrugged it off and went back to the conversation.
"Poor Kyle." I say, shaking my head with shame.
"Yeah," Isabelle said, "poor Kyle."
Brenda clears her throat, it was deep, but demanded the attention Isabelle and I gave to her.
"Macy is alone in our hotel room, Iz, let's go."
Isabelle looks at me with a small smile then waves.
"Goodnight." She says softly.
"Sleep tight." I reply.