Chapter 5 Adapting to the new life (unedited )

Now this family is really very poor. They don't have a bath bucket, so they can only use a basin to take a bath, and this basin is still used to wash the face. I endure the coldness in my heart. Han Xiuying quickly wiped herself, changed into small clothes according to the memory of the original owner, and then went to the yard to wash up.

  After washing, Han Xiuying put her things away and walked around the house to familiarize herself with the surroundings. She found that it was a newly built farmyard with mud brick walls. There was a kitchen on the east side of the yard and a courtyard wall on the west side. There are two small fruit trees. Judging from the leaves, they must be plum trees and peach trees. Next to them is a urn containing water for washing clothes. Other than that, there was nothing in the yard.

  Although it is a bit simple, Han Xiuying is quite satisfied with her new life with such a living environment.

  Standing in the yard and looking at the red happy words plastered everywhere, Han Xiuying remembered that she and Xu Minghai had just gotten married not long ago. But this is just right for me. Everyone knows little about the new daughter-in-law and is not familiar with her yet. Others can't notice that she is different from before.

  As for her mother's family, there are always some differences between a married daughter-in-law and a daughter at home, and she will probably not be discovered when she stays at the Xu family in the future. Thinking of this, Han Xiuying felt a lot more at ease.

  There was only one table and four small stools in the middle hall of the main house. There was a case table on the north wall. Their bedroom was in the east room, and sundries were placed in the west room.

  After going around, Han Xiuying didn't find any food at home. After thinking about it, she remembered that they had just been married a few days ago, so Xu Minghai and the others still ate in the old house. In the new house, they usually boiled water and so on, although the kitchen was fully equipped with dishes and chopsticks. , but there is really no food.

  By the way, she should be rich. Han Xiuying remembered that Xu's mother asked her to put away the wedding gift they received. She was afraid that Xu Minghai would spend it randomly, so she hid it in the corner of the closet.

  Han Xiuying took out a few banknotes and a bunch of scattered bills. From her memory, she knew that you need to get a ticket to buy things now, otherwise it would be useless to have money. The total amount of money is forty-seven and fifty-eight cents, including whole and odd amounts. This is all the money of my small family. Based on the prices at this time, Han Xiuying did some calculations and found that she was a little poor, but fortunately she ate at her old house and could save a lot.

  After understanding the general situation at home, Han Xiuying began to consider her own situation.

  Although I still eat at my old house now, I estimate that I will have a fire at my own home in a few days. From now on, I will have to do all the laundry, cooking and even going to the fields by myself. The days of being waited on are gone.

  And not only his own clothes, but also men's clothes have to be washed by women. It makes me sad to think about it. Not only do I have no one to take care of me, but I also have to wait for others.

  Although Han Xiuying lived in a border town in her previous life, she really didn't suffer much. His father is the highest official in the border city, and his grandfather is a famous miracle doctor in the Luoshen Valley to the west of the border city. It is said that the reason why my parents got married was because my father was seriously injured in the war one year, and was finally saved by his grandfather. He met his mother while he was recovering from his injuries.