Chapter 14 Yams for money (unedited)

Xu Minghai brought the yam cake to the old house and said that it was Han Xiuying's own food. Xu's father tasted it and said it was good. Xu Minghai told Xu Minghai that it was not easy to buy and buy food at home, so they should save some food. It would be good to try this kind of snack occasionally, but don't eat it every day.

  "Don't worry, Mom. This is the first time Yingzi has made it, so she doesn't eat it every day." Xu Minghai didn't understand. It was given for free, so why would his mother have any objections?

  When he came back from his old house, Xu Minghai didn't tell his wife what he was saying. He happily sat at the table and ate. "You'll be almost full after eating this." Xu Minghai rubbed his full belly, "Yingzi, let's eat at noon." Let's make some noodle soup. I can't eat anything else."

  "Okay, the weather is cold and humid. Drink some hot and sour noodle soup to keep your body warm." Han Xiuying said, looking at the drizzle that was still falling outside.

  It has been raining for several days. Xu Minghai stayed at home and followed the breathing methods and movements that Yingzi said. It was still fresh at first, but after three days, it didn't seem to have much effect. He also knew that he could not become a master, so he just became lazy. She got up, only when Han Xiuying urged her to do it for a while, and then she lay down on the bed without looking at her, too lazy to move.

  Xu Minghai and Yingzi practiced for an hour that day. During the break, Xu Minghai started talking about money again. "Yingzi, you said people in the city can still sell grain to help in emergencies. Our family doesn't even have grain, so how can we get money? How about I go find Binzi and talk about going up the mountain with him." 

  Let's forget about going up the mountain. , finally got stuck with Xu Mingbin, and Han Xiuying didn't want Xu Minghai to get involved with their family again. If she thought correctly, Han Xiuying felt that Xu Mingbin's hunting tools were bows and crossbows composed of the parts Li Li brought back from that trip to town.

  "It's better not to go. It's better not to keep taking advantage of others. Binzi still has a family to raise. There are only so many wild animals in the forest. It's impossible to stumble upon several of them every day." Han Xiuying hurriedly advised.

  Han Xiuying looked at Xu Minghai spending money all day long, and her mind was bothered. She was afraid that if she couldn't stand someone, she would go to Binzi. But money was really not that easy to earn. She was in trouble when she saw yam cake on the table. It suddenly occurred to me that yams are also medicine, and maybe they can be exchanged for money. "How about you go to the town and see where they can buy herbal medicine, and ask them if they want yams?"

  Xu Minghai immediately became excited when he mentioned that he could exchange money. You can find a lot of them in the mountains."

  Xu Minghai touched his chin and thought seriously about the possibility of exchanging yams for money. "Not in town. There is only one small clinic, and I haven't heard of a medicine hall. When the weather gets better, I will go around the county. ." Xu Minghai feels that the county should be more confident.

  With the goal in mind, Xu Minghai was in a very good mood. He followed Han Xiuying around like a tail and talked about his plans.

  A few days later, the weather finally cleared, and Han Xiuying happily sent Xu Minghai out. Go away quickly. If you don't ask clearly, you will be annoyed to death all day long. Oh, why didn't I realize that he can talk so much before?

  There are no medicine halls these days. Xu Minghai walked around the county town without finding anyone. In the end, he was caught. "What are you doing? I've seen you hanging around here for a long time."