Chapter 26 Honeysuckle (unedited)

The rain that had been falling for several days finally stopped, and it didn't take long for the scorching sun to absorb the moisture from the ground. The cicada kept saying "Cicada, cicada, cicada" irritably on the tree.

  Xu Minghai looked at the blazing sun and didn't want to go out, but Han Xiuying said that if she didn't go now, wouldn't she be afraid that Doctor Duan would regret it and not teach her?

  Xu Minghai wondered if it was possible for the old man to do so. He would never let his food go to waste, so he endured the scorching heat and went to the cowshed.

  "The weather is so hot right now that it can kill a person. It has just stopped raining for three days, but you are very diligent." Mr. Duan said looking at Xu Minghai who came to him with sweat on his face.

  "Tell me, how to teach?" Xu Minghai felt a little irritable in the hot weather and impatiently said those useless things.

  Since Old Man Duan decided to teach him, he stopped hanging and said directly to him: "The best time to collect herbs is February and August, and the weather is so hot that if you go to the roadside mountain to look for it under the bright sun every day, I guess you don't have the patience. , first find a medical book and read it yourself. Once you are familiar with the book, go outside and look for it when the weather is not hot. If it looks like it, I will tell you if it looks like it."

  If there is a book, I still need you. Xu Minghai rolled his eyes secretly, and said with restraint: "Mr. Duan, who has no book, I have asked around here. If there is a book, I will compare it and read it myself." , I won't bother you anymore."

  "There is no such thing in this poor mountain village. There is none outside. Go to the county seat. There is a dilapidated church on the west end of Daqian Street in the county seat. It is said that most of the confiscated books in the county are there. Go there and see if there is any. If If not, go to the bookstore. These are medical books, and they are sold in most bookstores." Mr. Duan pointed the way to Xu Minghai.

  This kind of weather can heat anyone to death. Xu Minghai doesn't want to go digging for weeds all over the mountains and fields at this time. Moreover, they just distributed the grain yesterday. Although he and Yingzi have only worked 28 kilograms of grain and 30 kilograms of grain in the past six months. Three dollars and seventy-five cents, but that's what you get with food points and money. Now that there is no shortage of food, it is a bit difficult to make him suffer. After thinking about it, I happily agreed to find a medical book and read it first. No Will ask again.

  On such a hot day, Xu Minghai did not go home directly after leaving the cowshed. Instead, he turned to the upper reaches of the river in the village to find a shady spot. He had a good swim before going home carrying his wet coat.

  "Yingzi, I'll learn to recognize Mr. Duan myself first. If I don't know how, I'll ask him later. But I have to find medical books in the county." When Xu Minghai returned home, Han Xiuying was hiding in the main room.

  Seeing Xu Minghai's wet gown, he glanced at his hand. Xu Minghai immediately took the gown and went to the yard to get half a basin of water, rinsed it twice, wrung it out and put it on the clothesline.

  "The weather is really hot. Let's rest at home now. When it gets cooler, we can go to the county town to find the medical books. Let's read them at home first." Han Xiuying looked at the scorching sun outside and didn't want Xu Minghai to suffer.

  Xu Minghai rested at home for a few days, which annoyed Han Xiuying, "Why don't you go to the county to find medical books? We can learn more while there is still time. After a while, the weather will stop exposing people, and the team should Let's go to the fields to pull weeds."