Chapter 17 Final Result (unedited)

In the empty and quiet night sky, Xu Minghai's voice shouting to catch the thief was like a thunder on the ground, waking up the neighbors who were sleeping soundly nearby.

  "Is there a thief!?"

  "Where is the thief?"

  "Catch the thief!"

  The villagers who were coming out hurriedly put on their clothes and ran out to help catch the thief.

  "The dog is chasing him, catch him quickly." Xu Minghai looked at the villagers coming out of each house and hurriedly called for everyone to catch him.

  The thief who was chased by the dog was also unlucky. In panic, he ran eastward along the road in front of Xu Minghai's house. The Xu family lived at the east entrance of the village, and that was the road out of the village. Seeing the barking of dogs heading east, everyone thought it was a traitor entering the village, so they took wooden sticks, iron hoe, and hoes and chased after them.

  "If you dare to touch into the village, beat him!"

  "Caught him, come and deal with him!"

  "Beat him!"

  ...

  The villagers in a village are very united these days, and everyone hates this kind of thieves. , if you catch anything, don't ask, give it a beating first and then talk about it.

  The night was dark with shadows and people were noisy. Not only did no one look carefully at the thief's face, but even the voices begging for mercy were drowned in the shouts of arrest and beating.

  The morning star was fading, and the sky in the east turned white. At this time, everyone was tired of beating the thief in the grass. Someone looked at the face that was already bruised and swollen, and asked uncertainly, "Mingfu?" 

  As soon as this voice came out , focused everyone's attention on the thief lying on the ground. Someone took a closer look and exclaimed, "Isn't this the eldest son of Xu Daguai's family?" 

  "The wrong person was arrested?" Some villagers began to wonder, could it be because It was dark and I couldn't see clearly. I just hit the wrong person.

  "Where's the thief?" Many people began to turn around, trying to find the thief. Could it be that he ran away? Looking at Xu Mingfu on the ground, most people in the village thought that the thief had been caught by mistake. Only a few of them had quick minds, and their expressions changed as they thought of something.

  Seeing everyone's reaction, Xu Minghai immediately squatted down, grabbed Xu Mingfu's front, and asked sternly: "Why did you come to my house to be a thief? What did you steal?"

   When Minghai asked this question, he quickly explained: "No, I didn't commit a thief, and I didn't steal anything from your house. I went to return the yams." As soon as he finished speaking, he felt something was wrong, and immediately lay down and did not reply to Xu Minghai's words, but just hummed. Humming and shouting that it hurts.

  The surrounding villagers listened to the words of the two people. Some Xu Mingfu sighed, some were embarrassed, some were embarrassed and hit others, and some looked embarrassed.

  In the end, the farce ended when the captain led Xu Mingfu away, "Minghai, Mingfu, let's take the brigade first. After we find out what's going on, I will give you an explanation. If the others are fine, hurry back. It's already dawn. , do whatever you have to do."

  When Xu Minghai returned home with the big yellow dog, Han Xiuying had already brought back the yams that the people outside the yard returned last night and was cooking in the kitchen.