Chapter 6 Separation and independence (unedited )

After returning home, Han Xiuying and Xu's mother were sorting the freshly picked wild vegetables in the yard and chatting about home affairs. Xu's mother told Han Xiuying which family the people she just met were from and what they should pay attention to when getting along. Han Xiuying listened very carefully. Seriously, she knew that these things would be very useful for living in this village in the future.

  The spring sunshine slowly moved over the two of them, and before they knew it, it was almost noon. At this time, Xu Minghai came in happily carrying a fish.

  "Mom, Yingzi, look, I caught a big fish today!" As he spoke, Xu Minghai held up the live fish in his hand to show the two of them. Suddenly I thought of something and hurriedly hid the fish behind my back.

  "Ying, Yingzi, I didn't go into the river, I really didn't go into the river." Looking at Yingzi, Xu Minghai's face was full of uneasiness, and he stuttered a little.

  It was time to think about what the original body told him before about not going into the river to catch fish. Seeing Xu Minghai's pants in front of him were wet to his knees, he wanted to put his hands behind his back to hide the fish, but the fish refused to cooperate and struggled against his clothes. There are people everywhere, but they stand looking funny and guilty. Han Xiuying wanted to laugh very much, but considering the man's dignity, she suppressed it and tried to make a serious face. However, the raised corners of her mouth, the crooked smiling eyes and the red face revealed her true feelings.

  Xu's mother didn't think as much as Han Xiuying. Looking at her son's bearish appearance, she laughed shamelessly.

  "Looking at you like this, you're just a fish, Yingzi. We're in for a treat today. We'll have fish stew for lunch!" He glanced at Yingzi with a smile.

  Seeing her mother-in-law's attitude, Han Xiuying quickly responded, "No, this fish is really not small. Isn't it difficult to catch? By the way, didn't you go up the mountain to catch wild animals? How could you catch a fish?" She obviously said yes. When they went to the mountain, Han Xiuying couldn't understand why Xu Minghai brought back a fish instead of a pheasant or a rabbit.

  Seeing that his wife did not change her face and kept nagging that she still cared about hunting, Xu Minghai immediately became proud again, "Of course it is difficult to catch. How many fish can there be in such a big river? Such big ones are even rarer. It took a lot of effort to catch him. And today, few of them are as big as my fish. As for going up the mountain, wild animals are not that easy to catch. Let's find a good place to dig a trap first, and wait a day or two before going to see what's caught." Speaking of fishing. Xu Minghai worked hard while catching wild animals. He even talked and gestured, looking very excited. Under the warm sunshine, his whole body seemed to be in high spirits.

  Seeing Xu Minghai like this, Han Xiuying's heart softened inexplicably, and she felt an indescribable feeling. I don't understand why the original person dislikes this man going up mountains and down rivers. Wouldn't such a dazzling man be more eye-catching?

  Xu Minghai is not bragging. The fish he caught is indeed not small. It is estimated to be more than two kilograms. It is rare to see such a big fish in this season. Han Xiuying was still surprised that Xu Minghai had such ability. She felt that this man was not as bad as she thought.

  I wonder how Xu Minghai would feel if he knew that his daughter-in-law was not only less angry but also more satisfied with herself because of this fish.

  "Okay, you two put away the remaining wild vegetables, and I'll cook for you." Xu's mother saw that the young couple were getting along harmoniously, chatting happily, and quickly made room to leave. She took the fish and called them out of the yard. Make a fire in the kitchen. She thought it would be good for her daughter-in-law to get to know her son better when they got married, but she couldn't use it as a stick to hinder the couple's relationship.