I'm here, You're here (28)

Stellas POV

As I lie and wait in the hospital bed, I continue watching the clock ticking around, each rotation around the clock seeming to take longer than the last, the seconds now feeling like minutes and minutes like hours.

It's been 30 minutes since I arrived at Med i was already told I have mild concussion from when I banged my head and was currently waiting for an Obgyn to come free to come check my lower abdomen where the belt locked and went into my stomach.

I haven't heard any update on Kelly, and I'm yet to be reunited with my girls.

I hear a knock on my door as it slowly opens and Asher walks in "hello, it's just me, was paged to come check out a post natal patient, didn't realise it was you?" Asher says walking over to me as she picks up the clipboard from the end of my bed.

"So what happened, I didn't get any details?" Asher says as she stands beside my bed.

"Car crash, head on collision, and now I've been getting pains in my lower abdomen, they think the belt might have caused some internal bruising and just need to you to check it all over" I say as Asher nods.

"Is everyone okay?" Asher says as she lifts up my top "the girls seemed fine but I'm not sure about Kelly I'm still waiting to hear about his condition" I say as I like back, and feel Asher press lightly around my stomach, I wince and close my eyes as she presses around the front.

"Is that tender?" She asks me as I open my eyes and look at her and nod "yeah, like a stabbing pain" I say as she stands back "am I okay just to scan you?" She says as I nod.

"It will be an Internal one?" She says as I sigh and chuckle "if that's what you need to do yeah" I say lying back and exhaling deeply. "Don't worry I'll be gentle I know you will still feel a bit sensitive" Asher says as she walks over to grab everything she needs.

"If you would feel more comfortable or it gets to sore for you I can offer you the gas and air" Asher says as I chuckle "no Thankyou, I delivered her without it I think I'll be good" I say as Asher helps me lift my hips up and take my trousers of.

"You've lost that bump pretty quickly, how lucky are you" Asher says as I smile "I know, and very little stretch marks also, it's almost like I didn't just give birth to a baby a week ago" I say with a slight chuckle.

"Okay just move down to the bottom of the bed a little almost into the delivery position" Asher says as she moves on the stool to sit at the bottom of the bed and I shuffle down slightly.

She rests her arm on my legs slightly as she turns the screen on then places the wand between my legs "let me know when your ready" she says as I just nod

"I'm ready" I whisper as I lie back and close my eyes. I feel the pressure between my legs as I scrunch my toes slightly and wince "sorry I'll be as quick and gentle as I can be" Asher says as I keep my eyes closed.

I hear her clicking on the machine as she moves it around. I rest my arm over my head as I breath deeply through the slight pain and uncomfort

"I can see the wound on your uterus where your placenta was has some slight swelling around it with a small tear which appears to be bleeding slightly, which I think may have been caused by that belt locking into your stomach" Asher says as I look at her

"Is that bad?" I ask as she shakes her head as she keeps moving it around "no, I'm not concerned, all it means is you will need a longer post natal recovery but at your 6 weeks check up I will confirm if you need another week or two to let any further damages heal" Asher says as she finishes and taps my legs to let me rest as I sit up and put my trousers back on.