Risks and reassurance (29)

2 months later

Kelly's POV

The last two months have been nothing short of a blessing, with my paternity leave from work soon turning into medical leave to recover from the accident, I have spent the last 2 months at home with my family and it has been the greatest part to come out of that accident.

If I only ended up with my original 2 weeks leave, I may not have got to witness Elyssa's first smile, first giggle, first coo. I am completely besotted. Which makes today even harder as it was my first day back on shift.

I come out of the bedroom all dressed putting my watch on as I walk over to where Stella was stood in the kitchen making a coffee whilst also holding Elyssa, feeding her. Thats also one thing I have loved watching, Stella just become one bad ass mom, to both Miley and Elyssa I genuinely don't know how she does it so flawlessly, rocking the mom look, if the mom look was, my joggers and oversized tshirt and her hair loosely tied in a messy bun. Whatever look it is, shes rocking it well, and genuinely don't think there is a look she doesn't look good in.

I stand behind Stella grabbing her hips as I kiss the back of her neck "go sit...I'll finish the coffee" I whisper to her as she turns around mid yawn. "Ughh how am I going to survive these 24hrs without you" she says with a slight chuckle as she rest her head against my chest.

"You'll smash it, you'll see you don't need me...I on the other hand, don't know how I'm going to go 24hrs without a snuggle from this one" I say stroking my hand over Elyssas head as I look down at her and then kiss the top of her head. "She's going to town on you there isn't she" I ask a little amused seeing her suckling whilst she's sleeping making a couple of little noises as she sucks, I hear Stella chuckle a little "you're telling me, she's normally done by now, but she must be extra hungry this morning" she says looking down at Elyssa.

She moves away from me and goes to sit down on the sofa as I take over making the coffees "you have another check up today don't you?" I ask her as she nods "yep, and I have to go alone with 2 kids, that's going to be fun" she says as I chuckle and walk over to her with the coffees.

"Thankyou" she says grabbing my hold of it and sipping it before placing it on the table.

I sit on the arm rest next to her looking down at Elyssa "can she hurry up I want some cuddles before I have to leave" I say leaning my hand down and stroking her feet.

"I think she will be done soon" Stella says as she rests her hand on my leg and looks up at me "you excited to go back" she asks me as I nod "of course, missed being in on all the action, although I am going to miss my girls" I tell her leaning down to kiss her as she grins.

"Well if I don't need to do anything after my check up I could always stop by the firehouse for a little while, so you can see the girls and I can tell you about my check up" she says as I nod "I'd like that" I say pecking her lips one last time.

Elyssa starts wriggling in Stella's arms as we look down and see her turned away as Stella sits her up and fixes her top. She burps straight away without the need for her back to be tapped. "Good girl..." Stella says as she chuckles and lifts her up to me "daddy wants snuggles" she says in a Baby voice as Elyssa looks at me and smiles.

"Hi princess, you going to be a good girl for mommy today" I tell her as I hold her against my chest, I stand up and rock a little as I lift my hand up and stroke her cheek. She spits up a little as I pull her back "thanks for that, just what I wanted, to smell of baby milk spit up for work, is that your way of making sure I don't forget you" I say chuckling as I grab one of her spit up cloths from the side and dab my shirt.

I lie her in my arms as she looks up at me "definitely got your daddy's eyes haven't you" I say in a baby voice tapping her chin as she coos and grabs hold of my finger. "Poor thing is all you, she's daddy's little doppelgänger, surprised her hair isn't going grey yet" Stella says jokingly as I look at her and nudge her with my foot playfully. "I'm kidding, I love your grey hair, it suits you" Stella says standing up as she kisses Elyssa's head.