Playing Hero (22)

Stella's POV

This pregnancy seemed to have been going a lot quicker than what I felt like with Miley, I put it down to the fact I was actually enjoying every minute of the pregnancy, Kelly kept his promise to me in regards to looking after me, constantly caring for me, checking up on me and giving me massages wherever I felt the slightest ache or pain. Im just hoping it lasts as I'm now 20 weeks and we was due to find out if we was having a boy or girl, I can't help but fear it will end, as much as he says he doesn't mind what we are having, gender disappointment is a very real thing and most don't realise they actually hope for the one gender more than the other until the wrong colour comes out the cannon or in my case written on a sealed sheet of paper.

I look down at my hands as I twiddle with my thumbs as I wait for my name to be called, I feel a hand place flat on my knee stopping me from bouncing my leg with nerves as I look at kelly smiling at me "you know I don't care what we are having, all I wish is for is baby to be happy and healthy" Kelly whispers to me as he links his fingers into mine and grips my hand tightly and rubs the back of it with his other hand.

I look down at our hands and stroke his hand with my thumb "I wish I wasn't so terrified, but I didn't expect grant to be so disappointed about Miley, so much so it turned him against me and he spent the next half of my pregnancy trying again with other women, I always wonder if Miley ended up with any younger siblings as it wouldn't surprise me, from the ones he admitted to me there was a lot of woman" I say as Kelly looks at me sympathetically and then places a hand on my cheek and strokes it.

"None of them matter, we should thank them honestly, as look where it's lead you too...me" Kelly says as he runs his thumb over my lips "and I'm so fucking grateful, you're the best thing to happen to me, and about Miley possibly having a sibling somewhere, are we forgetting that we have given her one right now, right here" Kelly says with a chuckle as he places a hand on my small bump as I look down and place my hand on his "and this one is all that matters" Kelly whispers as he leans down and kisses my bump.

"Stella Kidd" I hear from across the room as I look up and see my doctor, Kelly lifts his head up as we both stand up, I feel Kelly take my hand and bring it up to his mouth as he kisses it. I let his hand go for a second as I sit on the bed, him immediately taking hold of my other hand once I've lifted my shirt up and lay down.

"So 20 weeks already, only seems like yesterday you was in here confirming your pregnancy, are yous getting excited" dr Asher says as she starts getting all the equipment she needs ready.

"I can't wait, just to see who it will look like more, me or stella" I hear Kelly say as I smile at him, I don't respond as I just look down at my stomach unable to get the thought of Kelly becoming disappointed or angry if I yet again fail to give another man the child he wants.

"And you stella? Are you excited" dr Asher says bringing me out of my thoughts as I look up at her and just smile and nod slightly "well before we find out what your having I'm just going to measure your belly and have a feel of how baby is lay, keep Yous guessing for a while longer" Asher says as she pulls the measuring tape from the tray and starts to measure different measurements of my bump.

"Ohh bump is a tiny bit on the big side but nothing to worry about, we will keep an eye on it going forward, it doesn't necessarily mean baby is going to be big" Asher says as she takes note of the measurements then uses her hands to feel around my bump "ohh baby is already in the perfect position for its eviction, head down" she says feeling just above my pelvis. "Hopefully it stays that way" Asher says as she grabs the gel and shake it a little.

"Now the moment you've been waiting for, let's hope he or she is going to let us take a look what they are" Asher says as she squirts the gel onto my stomach, my nerves increasing rapidly as I start to feel sick with worry. I feel my hands shaking, but Kelly's grip tightens against my hand to get my attention as I look at him. He smiles at me and kisses my hand again "happy and healthy, that's all I want" he whispers to me before standing up and kissing my forehead.